ringworm-like rash????

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

ringworm-like rash????

I AM 23 YRS OLD AND PREGNANT AND I HAVE RECENTLY NOTICED SOME SMALL, RED CIRCULAR IRRITATIONS ON MY SKIN. THE FIRST ONE APPEARED ON MY RIGHT INNER THIGH.... WITHOUT REALIZING I SCRATCHED AND SCRATCHED AND IT BEGAN TO BLEED. A FEW DAYS LATER IT WAS BIGGER.  AT ITS BIGGEST IT WAS SLIGHTLY SMALLER THAN A DIME.  IT STOPPED ITCHING AND TURNED PURPLISH AS MOST OF MY SCARS DO.  THEN I STARTED NOTICING MORE OF THESE ITCHY PATCHES ON MY OTHER THIGH, STOMACH, BACK, CHEST, NECK AND ON THE INSIDE OF MY UPPER ARE, NEAR THE PIT.  THEY ARE ITCHY BUT SCAB UP AND STOP ITCHING FOR A FEW DAYS AND THEN BEGIN TO ITCH AGAIN.  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT COULD BE...I HAVE DONE SOME MINOR INTERNET RESERCH AND THEY LOOK LIKE SMALL RINGWORM BUT ARE NOT CONTAGIOUS.  MY DAUGHTER AND HUSBAND BOTH SLEEP WITH ME AND NEITHER OF THEM ARE EXPERIENCING ANY OF THESE STRANGE ITCHY SPOTS.  JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS OF WHAT THEY MAY BE.
Tags: irritable

With the description you provide, these may be Fungal infections or ring worm also called Tinea Corporis.

However, you must visit your doctor to understand the diagnosis, This is also important since you are pregnant and we must make sure that the correct treatment is delivered to you.

Meanwhile, you should keep all areas hygienic and all clothes clean and dried to prevent contamination.

Keep us posted and let us know if you may need any other help.

Best regards