round facial sores

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

round facial sores

About 1 month ago I began developing round sores on my face that were in a curved line on my forehead and hairline down to about halfway down my ear.  They began in a grouping of three sores at a time, but then within several days the 'line' grew to about 5 sores in one direction.  These sores are added to by other sores in a line perpendicular to any one of the sores on the main line of sores.  They are raised , red and about as big around as a pencil eraser.  Squeezing them produces no pus only clear fluid.  Eventually they scab over and when the scab comes off, what is left is a small deep hole in my skin that takes a very long time to heal.  All this has happened even though I have been on 750 mg of levaquin a day.  I think it helps to put muporicin on them, but I'm not certain.
I did have shingles last October,but that was on my left side and this happens on both sides.  Also About two and a half months ago I was treated (only topically) for and enterococcus infection.  According to the infectious disease doctor, I recovered from that at least 6 weeks ago.