round nonitchy rash on neck
Hello, I am a 44 year old woman in great health. However, I have developed a rash on the back of my neck. It started out as  a small flat red dot. It developed a ring around it and the ring got bigger. It tried over the counter antifungals that did not help. I had it for about four months. Just as it was going away, another one developed. The doctor told me it was not a fungus and gave me a strong steroid creme. It has not helped at all. I have had the newest patch for about three months and it is now the size of a tennis ball. It does not hurt or itch. Some days it looks very pale like it is going away. Other days it is bright red. Sometimes the ring around it is a little dry to the touch, but when I apply a cream it makes it worse. Any help?

Whale song
Mostly t.versicolor,apply canesten and do expose to sunlight for 10 minutes.
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be pityriasis versicolor or pityriasis rosea.

Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.Pityriasis versicolor is a common skin infection caused by the yeast Malassezia furfur. This skin disease commonly affects adolescents and young adults, especially in warm and humid climates.

No treatment is usually required for P.rosea. In most patients, the condition lasts only a matter of weeks or months(upto six months).But for P.versicolor topical and oral antifungals may be needed.I would suggest a dermatologist’s consultation for the same.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.