round white spots on under side of upper arm and inner thigh

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I noticed my husband (58) had large slight discoloration of skin in the region of armpit and underside of upper arm and inner thigh and buttock, almost like a water mark. Now in the last 6 months the discoloration has subsided almost to nil but several clear flat round white spots of varied sizes have come in the arm and thigh areas (not the buttock), the largest of which is the size of a pea. There is no itching or discomfort but I am worried.  I have read all similar posts and advice but none of then are quite the same. We plan on seeing a dermatologist some time next month. Would appreciate advice for the interim period. Thank you.
Tags: white spots, Skin discoloration, white round spots, inner upper arm, inner thigh, no pain, no itch