Dermatology Expert Forum
salicylic acid use on the penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

salicylic acid use on the penis

I have been diagnosed with genital warts (5 on shaft of penis), and was only able to get an apointment to have them removed two months after being diagnosed.  I became a bit too impatient with the wait, and purchsed Salicylic Acid liquid from a local drugstore.  After applying it, it was uncomfortable for an hour or so, then the next morning I washed it off in the shower.  Now I have small brown stains where the acid was applied.  At first i thought it was burned skin, but it's been 3 days and hasn't changed in appearance.  Could I have dyed the skin permanently?  I certainly hope not.  If they aren't small burns, what can i do to fix this?
Please do not use salicylic acid on the penis.  You can irritate it, but you cannot cause permanent damage.  The color will come back to normal if you leave it alone.  Please see a doctor to have these treated.  Thank you.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
A related discussion, saliclic acid on penis was started.