Dermatology Community
scab-like on penis becomes red cracks when aggravated.
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

scab-like on penis becomes red cracks when aggravated.

I noticed the other day when I went to masturbate that just under the head of my penis was very rough and flakey. after rubbing it off there was new skin there but there was also red cracks and it burned a bit towards the end and after masturbation but not much at all, the next day the flakey skin was back and i didnt want to bother it but im wondering what this is and if its serious or not and also what i can do to get rid of it.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be due to contact dermatitis due to sopas,detergents etc,dry skin or xerosis,pityriasis rosea or eczema.

The mainstay of management is liberal use of moisturizers after washing with luke warm water. Soap should be used minimally. Moisturizers should be reapplied liberally during the day.You can also use a topical cortisone (steroid) cream or ointment like dermacort(hydrocortisone). Adding a humidifier to the central heating system of your home or using a humidifier also helps.

In case the symptoms persist then pls consult a dermatologist.

I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Blank
Thank you very much i took your advice and by keeping in moisturized it has gone away and the problem no longer persists.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...