scabies

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

scabies

i think i got scabies,i have alot of red bumps all over my body
You would know if you had scabies, the itch will be horrible.  First, go to the doctor to have it diagnosed to be for sure.  Scabies are very contagious if not treated.  If it is scabies, the doctor will prescribe Qwell lotion for you to put all over your body.  Between doing this though, soaking is a tub of water with Avon Skin-so-Soft works wonders to help with the itch.

I'm tell you this from experience.  I was exposed to scabies from infected cattle.  Not only did I have it, and I'm not exaggerating, our whole town was quarentined because of it.  Everyone, literally, had scabies.  Most of the town worked at a beef packing factory and that is how we were exposed to it.  I had it, my wife had it, everyone.  It takes about 2 weeks to clear up, w/medicaiton, a month if you don't go to the doctor.  I'm giving you the horror story about it, because it can get really bad.  Also disinfect your house, bed, clothes.  Wash what you can in as hot a water as possible, it will kill the little buggers.  Good luck, take it from someone who has been there.  I hope I never get the little buggers ever again.  Luckily I don't work in that industry anymore.
Firstly the diagnosis of scabies needs to be confirmed. It does not cover whole of the body but presents as insect bite like red bumps which are very itchy and may involve the webs between the fingers, the wrists or other folds of body. Rash in scabies is usually found in the folds of skin and they are red blister like rashes.Yet they are very itchy and can disrupt life.

Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist as soon as possible because it is very contagious. Till you get it seen from a dermatologist, you should wear cotton clothes.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.