scabies
Can you be a carrier of scabies and have no signs or symptoms?  I was diagnoised with scabies last Oct.  I had the rash and intense itching for 3 months.  IMe and everybody in my home was treated for 3 weeks with a cream and ivermectin.  I have 2 grandchildren that were brought to a different dermatologist.  He did not detech anything on them and advised the parents to apply the same cream for one treatment only.  6 weeks after my treatment stopped I had a breakout again.  my doctor feels it coming from my grandchildren.  Now I have completed an additional 5 treatments, but my children refuse to treat my grandchildren and themselves as they have no itching or rashes.  This has been going on now for over 6 months.  Would they not show any signs of scabies?  Is it possible the treatment did not work completely for me the first time?
From the symptoms there are two possibilities: recurrence of the disease and secondly the diagnosis is wrong. First the person becomes symptomatic only after four to six weeks of infection, but on re-infection of recently cured person, symptoms appear within 24 hours. Continue to apply the ointment. Apply ice at the site to give you a soothing feel. Derbac M is a water based malathion, which kills the eggs of scabies. You can also try Crotamiton, which is non toxic, soothing a nd most commonly used. Also check for Psoraisis. Consult your Dermatologist for further advice and differentiation with psoriasis , scabies or dermatitis.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.