scabies

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

scabies

My cousin was diagnosed with scabies and she touched me. My family has been very cautious. I think i am just paranoid, but when i think about it i itch but i have no bumps anywhere. Could it still be scabies?
You're being paranoid.  You can't get scabies from someone touching you with her hands.  While you definitely don't want to share clothes or personal items like bath towels and such until the scabies are gone, you can't get scabies from being touched by the hands or from a quick hug.

Be considerate to your cousin's feelings.  Once she treats and gets rid of the scabies there will no longer be anything to fear.  But, still be considerate of her feelings.  The critters will eventually be gone, so be cautious, but don't be inconsiderate to her feelings.

The entire home will have to be treated and all the laundry will have to be washed in the hottest water possible and dried in the dryer instead of on a clothes rack, since the heat from the dryer will also help to kill critters.  

Look up information on non-toxic flea removal.  You will see information about diatomaceous earth, which is also good for all sorts of other critters.  This stuff will even help with bed bugs.  It will also be good for treating the home when someone has lice.

The itching you feel is psychosomatic and is not real.  You are being paranoid.  Please don't treat your cousin like a leper.  Being cautious if one thing, but don't worry about every normal human touch, like someone touching you with her hands.  Think how your cousin feels if you treat her like this.

The thing is me and her were at the movies together waiting for a premiere for seven hours we didnt touch the whole time but we played cards. I would try to not be inconsiderate but her mother told her to come out and she exposed her dads new family with it . It was for spite. The ones they have it have black dots in them will i get black dots from it or will they just be red because i have one but it is almost gone. I dont think it is that but i cant help but be cautious