scalp bumps
My 10 year daughter has white bumps that come up on her scalp that are itchy and sometimes painful.  In the beginning, her hair was real oily.  We have recently switched to a new shampoo which has taken care of the oil but the bumps have continued to appear.  Any suggestions?
These white irritating bumps on scalp can be due to folliculitis and perifolliculitis skin. Perifolliculitis is characterized by small, very itchy pustules within the scalp, often most troublesome on the frontal hairline. The scalp should be washed with a mild normal shampoo as often as desired. Antidandruff shampoos containing antifungal agents such as ketoconazole or ciclopirox are sometimes helpful. Apart from that you need topical and oral antibiotics, antihistamines, oral steroids and topical tretinoin.

My sincere advice is to get it examined from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.