scalp rash and bumps
i have a series of pimples, bumps, and irritated skin areas on the lower part of head under my hair. one of the bumps is larger then the rest but i can't seem to shake this condition. i keep reading that these rashes are reactions to chemicals or sweat and will eventually corrct themselves. i've had mine for a year now. what can i do? how can i treat it?
The symptoms are suggestive of acne keloidalis nuchae. It occurs when hairs on the back of the head and neck grow into the skin, become inflamed, and cause scar tissue. These ingrown hairs usually occur following a short haircut on the back of the head and nape of the neck.

Treatment of AKN includes suppression of the inflammation with antibiotics and steroid gels or intralesional steroid injections. So apply antibiotic cream like Neosporin or bactroban. If the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics and steroids may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.