scalp sores

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

scalp sores

I have had scalp sores for over a year now.  I've been to many doctors, just about every specialist you can think of, with no luck,  I have this one spot on my scalp that has broken hairs.  The hairs won't grow back in.  I have dandruff like scales in this area,  the rest of my scalp is itchy and burns and i have sores that won't completely heal.  This has spread to my face and eyes.  My face is flaky and it hurts and my eyes burn and are gritty.  I don't know what to do.  cortisone cream helps my face a little but it comes back.  Please help,  the doctors i have gone to don't want to follow through with this.  I've been to a lot of doctors.  
From the symptoms the possibility of seborrheic dermatitis needs to be ruled out. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky, dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. People with seborrheic dermatitis produce too much sebum (the natural skin oil). Later, pityrosporum yeast grows excessively in the sebum, sometime along with bacteria, making the dermatitis more persistent.

Treatment usually involves use of antifungal, anti inflammatory and sebo suppressive or Keratolytic ingredients. Dermatologist also recommends the use of photodynamic therapy which involves the usage of UV- A, UV- B laser and red or blue LED light to inhibit the growth of the yeast and reduces the inflammation. Please discuss these treatment options with a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.