scars on my legs
i am 18yr old black girl  and I have had so many scars on my legs which have refused to go away since I was 13yrs old . The scars occured as a a result of skin irritation characterised with sores bringing out some kind of fluid. I am currrently applying bio oil to the scars but it is not getting any better.I can't show my legs to anyone, i can't go swimming because i will have to open my legs. This problem keeps me thinking all day long of how it would have been if i had no scars on my legs. I have to wear long trousers all the time. I can't have a boyfriend because i am scared he will leave me if he finds out about the scars. Please what do you suggest i do? I really need help!

This discussion is related to Mosquito bite scars  (black people).

These scars could have been brought about by repeated infection and inflammation on the legs as you have mentioned. You are still young. Scars may smoothen out and improve as one ages given that infections do not continue to recur in the area. Apply vitamin E cream to moisturize the areas. Moisturizers may only smoothen out the areas and improve the skin but this will not eradicate the scars. Inquire about microdermabrasion and laser therapy. They may be able to help improve the appearance of these scars. However, they may be expensive and may require several sessions.
i hve alot of scars on my legs since i was five years old now im 15. Is there anything i can put on it that will make the scars go away. Any ointment i can use???