scleroderma and toe pain

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

scleroderma and toe pain

I met a lady with scleroderma.  She is in her 40's.  She was just in the hospital with big toe pain from lack of oxygen.  She went home after 3 days.  Using hyberbaric daily.  Now, has painful toe again but this time with blisters all over it.  I don't understand the blisters and cannot find information other than normal blisters?  Thanks for any insight.
Scleroderma may cause red spots on the fingers, palms, face, lips, or tongue, from permanently dilated tiny blood vessels and ulcers or sores on fingertips, knuckles, or elbows. It is known to cause pain in the fingers, toes, hands, feet, or face. To confirm the diagnosis what is causing these blister like sores, it is better to get a biopsy skin from these blisters.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.