Dermatology Expert Forum
scrotum and vaginal itching/rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

scrotum and vaginal itching/rash

I have a rash on my scrotum that has been present for approximately 4 days.  At the start it was very red over the entire area, with no blisters or sores but very itchy.  Simultaneously, my partner complained of vaginal itching.  This occured the morning after having sex with condom containing benzocaine (our second time), if that matters.

We both thought it may be a yeast infection, or some form of jock itch.  She used Monostat, I am using Lotrimin Spray.  Her's seems to be getting better, mine no longer itches much, but my scrotum skin has become VERY plasticized and there is a reduced sensation to touch for it.  My skin is also dry and flaking off.

We both have minor unpleasant odor from the area.

Should I continue this treatment or do something else?

You may have yeast, but you may also just have irritation.  I suggest stopping the Lotrimin spray (the spray itself my be drying you out a bit)and using hydrocortisone cream 1% twice a day for a week.  If it's not all gone by then, you should show a doctor.  Doesn't sound serious, though.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
That's the same thing that happened to me.  The rash doesn't itch anymore so do you think I should wait a couple more days before using the hydrcortisone???
Thanks Doc...I switched to the Hydrocortisone and the plastic feel dissappeared within 24 hours.  It took about 4 days for the itching to go away, and I stopped the treatment after 5 1/2 days with no ill effects.
I can help you girls with vaginal itch. Wear only cotton crutch panties and you need to iron the crutch after every washing before you wear them again.  This will stop it from coming back but dont forget to get creams to help heal your rash first and with wearing your panties that have been ironed it will stop within a couple of weeks and if you continue ironing the crutch it should,t return.  My sister in law and I both have tried and it works.  We have been suffering for 15 years and it,s been 7 years for my sister in law and no reccurence me, I,m still waiting for it to get better it,s only been a week and already it,s 90% better.
best of luck!
Please let me know if it works
***@****
A related discussion, Scrotum rash solution/treatment was started.