seborrheic dermatitis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

seborrheic dermatitis

My dermatologist said I have seborrheic dermatitis on my face even though he never cultured the flakes.  I now have itchy, red dry area on my hand (miserable).   I have a burning sensation under the skin in my right outer thigh, and someone told me this could be a connection to the  seborrheic derm is this true?  
Firstly we have to confirm whether it is seborrheic dermatitis or eczema. Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. It is believed to be an inflammatory reaction related to the proliferation of normal skin habitant Malassezia which is a fungus.

So I suggest you to get a KOH examination and skin biopsy done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.