Dermatology Expert Forum
seborrheic keratosis
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

seborrheic keratosis

When I gave birth to my first child in 1995, we noticed strange growths on the tips of both my nipples. They have come and gone since, but in the last couple of years have been here to stay.  I have had a small piece biopsied, and they said it was seborrheic keratosis or seborrtonic keratosis (I forget which).  Anyway, they said it is completely harmless.  I have had them frozen off two times, and scaped and burned off twice (it hurts!).  The horrible things keep growing back!  Do I have any other options for effective removal?,  why do they keep coming back?, and are they really that harmless if they keep coming back?  Since they are right on the tips, it almost seems like it's something coming from the inside of me.  What would you suggest?  Thank you for your time!