seborrohoeic eczema

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

seborrohoeic eczema

my daughter started getting red inflamed skin on her face when she was 2 months old and also suffered from bad cradle cap , when she first saw dr he said it couldnt be eczema as she was too young and said to just put normal baby lotion on it , it calmed down for a while and she only went red if wool or baby oil came in contact with her skin or anything with cammomile/lavender , recently she started getting dry patches on her cheeks , chin and side of face which the dr diagnosed as eczema but aqueous cream/cetraben/hydromol/epaderm all made her face go bright red again and the patches started to look like they were oozing , i was given a hydrocortison cream which cleared it up but after a week of not using the hydrocortison the dry patches would come back again and day by day get more red , it was nearly under control alternating between e45 and a sensitive skin baby cream but as soon as the drs give me one of there creams she goes all red again , she also has a red patch on her chest that varies from being red to scaley and peeley but it will not clear up not even with hydrocortisone so am now just putting e45 on it , she has a couple of dry patches on her legs but there very tiny and dont seem to bother her , the cradle cap has cleared up and she rarely suffers from that now but am still having problems with her face and chest and today she has come out in red spots on her tummy that are raised and feel dry to touch they fade under a glass so am assuming there exczema (eczema) or a heat rash , is it seborrohoeic eczema she has and if so is she likely to grow out of it my son had eczema as a baby but very mildy and only on his arms and he grew out of it very quickly , there is eczema in mine and my partners family but very mildly and has never affected the face