several spots appearing suddenly

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

several spots appearing suddenly

I am a 25 year old female with light skin, I have had a few moles since i was young (most of them raised) but recently I've had several brown, flat, light in color brown spots apearing on my body, mainly my arms, a few on my face and chest and 1 on the sole of my left foot. I also have small slighty raised red spots (look like blood vessels) appearing on my body (my pcp said they appear as people age and are nothing to worry about). I am just worried because all of these are appearing suddenly. Could they mean anything?
Tags: mole
These flat brown spots that are appearing can be solar lentigo. They are harmless, flat, brown discolorations of the skin which usually occur on the back of the hands, neck and face of people older than 40 years of age. They are caused by the skin being exposed to the sun over many years and are a sigh of sun damage. The only way to prevent age spots is to use liberal amounts of sunscreen before the age of forty, avoid the sun, and wear protective clothing. The newest treatment for age spots is an alpha hydroxy acid gel or beta hydroxy acid gel.  Retin-A cream, alpha hydroxyacid peels, and liquid nitrogen therapy are other options.

The red bumps seem like cherry angiomas which are made up of clusters of tiny capillaries at the surface of the skin, forming a small round dome. You should however keep an eye on these spots and moles. If you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you very much for your time and will do
i also have these light-dark brown spots on my neck and there is one large one and a few smaller ones. they started appearing after a month or 2 of laying in the tanning bed. i am 16 years old and i use the tanning bed sometimes and i tan in the sun very easily i rarely get sunburned. could you please help me in figureing out what these are. thanks so much!
Fr:mac10