severe bruising due to scratching itch

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

severe bruising due to scratching itch

i have severe itching and it is causing me to bruise. i have been to 6 doctors 2 of them dermatologist. they have taken 2 biopsy and i said i have a skin allegery now i am going to a allergy doctor the 9th of sept. my question is it normal to bruise that bad due to scratching? my back and upper thigh is one big bruise.

It is not normal to bruise so easily even after scratching. One possibility which can cause itching as well as easy brusiability is iron deficiency anemia. Other than that, deficiency of vitamins C, K, B12, or folic acid are the common causes of easy bruisability. Try taking iron tablets and multivitamins for some days and see if the symptoms improve.

If the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done from a physician.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.