severe burning red bumps and rash on face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

hi, Im 22, and been suffering from red rashes and red bumps on my face, including severe dry skin. Its been 8 years now, and for the past 2 years its spread to my chest, back and stomach. In the very beginning, I didnt know how to treat it, so I used all kinds of lotions and oils....but no luck. So I go to the doc, and he gives me betamethasone, but Ive been using that cream as a child because of my exzema (eczema). So, I dont know now. Ive been using it on my face because I realized thats the only thing that helped all the redness and dryness. The doc says not to use it on my face but I do anyways because Im desperate to relieve it.....but recently, I havent been using it because Im scared and I want it to stop, Im using lotions right now it seems to be helping the dry skin but not the redness and little red bumps. So. what can I use or do to make it stop? And my skin has been begging for the steriod cream but I havent been giving in. HELP ME PLEASE. Plus. the docs I see, dont give a damn either about me.
From the symptoms that you have described the possibility of seborrheic dermatitis needs to be explored. It is usually caused by overgrowth of Malassezia furfur. This skin disease commonly affects adolescents and young adults, especially in warm and humid climates and is aggravated by sweating and humidity.

Topical antifungals and mild steroids are the usual treatment and combination of the two can be used to treat stubborn patches. Oral antifungal drugs and immunomodulators such as tacrolimus and pimecrolimus are used in very severe cases. The other possibilities are of eczema, lupus erythematosus or dermatitis. Best would be to consult a dermatologist and get biopsy skin done to confirm the diagnosis.
Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted if you have any additional queries. Warm regards.

I have a rosacea-like rash that started at my temples when I was about 14 years old but is now spread all over my face and heading down my neck and around my ears.  It doesn't itch but does feel hot on a regular basis now and the skin has begun to get very dry and cracked.  Im not sure it's rosacea and could use some help finding an answer and a solution.   I am now 30 years old and it's become very visible and I find myself more and more self conscious in public.