severe dry skin and rashes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

severe dry skin and rashes

I have severe dry skin on my upper arms back head stomach neck and face the skin flakes off like I'm shedding like a lizzard also I have red races over my body as well. Whenever I get wet my skin becomes extremely dry like its being pulled back on myseelf. It started as a red rash on my neck and has progressed to this. I've been to the doctors and dermatologist none of them know anything they put me a anti fungal cream which seem not to be working any ideas of what I may have?
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be dry skin, seborrheic dermatitis, eczema or psoriasis. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. It is usually caused by overgrowth of Malassezia furfur. This skin disease is aggravated by sweating and humidity.

I suggest you to get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist and discuss these possibilities with him so that specific treatment can be started. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Per cjspon's comment on the facial/upper body rash... I too have started having the same thing, and just like cjspon's has, I too have gone to several types of Doctors! ( Primary Care Doctor, Dermatologist, Allergist)  No luck on treatment or correct diagnosis. I have spent over $1000.00 on prescriptions that varied from antifungal to steroids. It is sad to say but most dermatologists want to play plastic surgeon and do not want to deal with rashes? (I have gone to some of the best and end up seeing the assistant because its a rash and not a filler or botox injections) After spending a lot of money was told it must environmental, even though I have changed everything possible that could cause it and also told "I don’t see anything" after being treated for 4 months.?? I am so frustrated as I watch this rash get worse and worse... Is there a Doctor in Cental Florida that will help me?
This rash started as a small patch on my neck, I thought it was my seat belt rubbing my neck at first...then it spread to most of all my neck, my face and down my upper back, chest and back of arms. When I first get out of the shower it is so red and take a couple of hours to tone down. I am at a loss here and just want a Doctor to tell me what it is and treat it... I am so embarrassed by having this. How can something like this just happen out of the blue?