severe itching sensation in abdomen

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

severe itching sensation in abdomen

hi,
since last 5-9 years i am having severe itching in my scrotum.skin sometimes comes off in flakes,and the itching sometimes increases so much that it leads to scratches and their is an incessant itching sensation. Due to scratch their is also a burning sensation. Please advice.

RAHUL
  • jock itch (3 replies):
    I think i have jock itch but its been a couple months no...[more]
  • jock itch scars (3 replies):
    i had jock itch for years and it has left my skin reddis...[more]
  • Jock Itch? (1 replies):
    I think I may have jock itch. I have dry, flakey, and i...[more]
  • jock itch (1 replies):
    my boyfriend has jock itch and i was wondering if i coul...[more]
  • Red Groin Rash (3 replies):
    A week ago i noticed some itching in my groin. now it i...[more]
Welcome to my club. How often do you wake up itching so bad you are ready to cut it off? I find ice packs seem to work the best when the itching is intense. I use cetaphil and emu oil. Drink lots of water. Sometimes it progresses to the leg creases and gets so raw I can't even walk. I know this is easy to say but don't scratch it doesn't help. Start walking around or apply bags of ice.
Avatar n tn
The itching may be a form of fugi, in that case, I recommend tea tree oil which works well in killing fugus.  
Fungus would not last 5 to 9 years. Fungus would travel down his legs and would be extremely itchy with a distinctive border. I have had jock itch  many times and used apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil and over the counter fungicides. Having eczema is like having jock itch year round and nothing makes it go away. The doctors prescribe one ointment after another  and nothing works.
Avatar n tn

This seems to be contact dermatitis of scrotum. Do you shave there? I would suggest you not to apply after shave over the area. Also change your soap and detergent and see if it makes any difference.
Avatar n tn
Use Tea Tree Oil - located at health stores like GNC

After bathing, dry off well apply the tea trea oil to affected area, wear loose clothing.

please read the following information:  

I believe you have a form of fungus that may or may not be Jock Itch.

The term "jock itch" typically describes an itchy rash in a man's groin. Although there are many causes of jock itch, this term has become synonymous with tinea cruris, a common fungal infection that affects the groin and inner thighs of men and woman. Tinea is the name of the fungus; cruris comes from the Latin word for leg.

Jock itch can develop when tight garments trap moisture and heat. This creates an environment in which fungi multiply and flourish. Athletes often get jock itch. It occurs more commonly in men, but can affect women as well. The jock itch fungus may cause a rash on the upper and inner thighs, the armpits, and the area just underneath the breasts Many people with tinea cruris also have athlete's foot. Athlete's foot is called tinea pedis.