severley swollen lip in the mornings

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

severley swollen lip in the mornings

About 4 days ago I noticed some pain under my nose/top lip. It felt like I had gotten punched in the nose and I figured it was just one of those deep pimples. The next day, it got more sore and yesterday morning when I woke up, my lip was swollen twice it's size. Over the next few hours, the swelling went down and I didn't worry too much about it until this morning when my lip was almost triple the size...VERY swollen, looks like I got punched in the mouth for real. This little red bump is so sore and doesn't look like a pimple. I've tried to squeeze it as much as I can but it doesn't do anything. I can't even see if there's a "head" on it or not.
I'm actually really worried. I also have horrible diahrrea.

You could take some oral antihistamine or antiallergic medications like loratadine or cetrizine.

If not, you could go to the ER or consult your doctor - you would then need injectable antiallergic and steroid medications for your symptoms.

Are you allergic to any specific substances? Apply a medicated lip balm with sun screen to help with the lesions.

Drink plenty of water and consult your skin specialist if the lesions persist.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Keep us posted.

Regards.
Thanks for your input. Of course at the end of the day, the swelling has gone down sufficiently. (I've only swelled up in the mornings, these past two days.) I don't think it's a bite, nor an infection because it's not like a blister and it's not itchy at all. I just think it's a very bad, deep pimple. I can feel it even on the inside of my gums.
To answer your question, I  have never been allergic to anything no. Hopefully this thing goes down. I'm going to try pure tea tree oil.

How are you doing now? Have the lesions resolved?      

You could take oral antihistamine medications for a few days and see if it helps with your symptoms.

If the lesions still persist talk to your doctor about it and see what needs to be done after a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you have any other doubts or queries.

Hope this helps.

Regards.