skin around lips problem

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

skin around lips problem

I have been having this problem for nearly 6 months.The skin around my lips is peeling.The skin turns red and starts to
crack if i scratch it when it itches.I've been to the doctor and she diagnosed that i had an allergic reaction to a certain food.But although i control my food and only eat foods that i am not allergic to,this problem still persists.I feel so embarrased because i look like i have a weird rash around my lips and everyone in school always stare at me.I really do not know what this skin problem is.Please help!

It could be just chronic dry skin present around your mouth, some people are pre-disposed genetically to have dry areas on the face.
It could also be allergies to cosmetics you use, in this case specifically lipsticks.Or it could also be due to deficiency of vitamins in your diet.
Apply calamine lotion when it itches and always moisturize yous skin well especially around the mouth.
If itching is severe you could take an anti-histamine for about a week.
Include plenty of fresh fruits/vegetables in your diet.You could also take Vit.B complex capsules, one a day, for about 10 days.
If rash still persists for more than a week please see a doctor for further evaluation.