skin blotches
I have red blotches (some circular) on my arm (inner elbow). They turn white at times, and flare up and turn red on occasion. I've had this problem a couple of years now, and it seems to be getting worse. It began on my right arm and is now present on the left. These spots are not itchy or sensitive to the touch, nor are they bumping up.  They seem to flare up more after I shower, or even on hot days. In the winter these blotches appear more white.

I have no idea what this could be, and my doctor said this was possibly eczema, and gave me a topical coticosteroid cream to put on them. This has done no good and they continue to get worse.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be?

This may be a case of tinea versicolor. You have noted the skin condition appears to flare up at certain times of the year and given certain triggers like changes in temperature, this sounds like a dermatitic skin condition may also be involved. An antifungal and corticosteroid preparation may be able to help here. Fluocinonide cream may be used. You may apply this over unbroken skin and apply thinly using a cotton bud .See if this improves in 48 hours.