Dermatology Community
skin breakout on face
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

skin breakout on face

Hi,

For the last several months I have had more and more skin breakout (pimple like) to my face, mainly my chin.  I always have at least 2-4, by the time those heal, other ones pop out.  I have statrted using Arbonne during hoping that all the natural ingredients in it will help, but it didn't.  Somebody mentioned that maybe some pills would help.  Should I schedule an appointment with my dermatologist to have it checked out.  Maybe it's hormonal?  Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Teresa.
Related Discussions
Hi Teresa,

This could be acne,eczema or perioral dermatitis. Are there other signs or symptoms present? Perioral dermatitis presents as groups of itchy or tender small red papules  that may appear round the mouth, upper lip, chin and cheeks. The surrounding skin may be pink, and the skin surface often becomes dry and flaky. The most common cause is the application of moisturizers, cream cleansers, make-up foundation, sunscreens  and especially topical steroid creams or ointment. It responds well to treatment but can recur  at a later date or when the antibiotics are discontinued.  It is important to wash the face with warm water alone while the rash is present. If it persists, it would be best to have this evaluated by your doctor for proper diagnosis and management.

Take care and keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank