skin burning sensations on different parts of the body
I am 43 and have been suffering with a skin burning sensation on different parts of my body for years. I have not been burnt nor have I been in the sun. it does not occur everyday it could come on 1 day and not show up again for 3 months, 2 weeks or 2 days. It could be virtually anywhere on the body. the leg, arm face, even the scalp. The burning area is always no bigger tnan 3 inches in diameter. There is no itching or swelling. If you were to look at the spot where it is burning you would see nothing. It only shows up on one spot of the body when it shows up. Never ever in two spots. It feels as if someone took a hot pan and laid it on my skin. The pain could last up to 24 hours. The only medication I am on is Zoloft but I just started this medication. This is the only medication perscription wise that I have ever been on. Other than say aspirin or tylenol thru my life. I can not find anything that will fix it. It can be extreamly painful at times and is driving me nuts because I can not figure out what could be causing it.
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.  I can't believe it!  I have had this for years.  I can barely stand to touch the skin in those areas...the best description I have found was to say it felt like a burn but the skin looks normal in appearance.  Even my clothing brushing against it hurts. The difference is that I only have it on my lower extremities.  Usually on my upper thigh but recently on my hip.  It usually lasts about 3 days and then disappears.  It happens every few months.  I have searched all over the internet looking for answers....as well as mentioning it to several doctors....but so far nothing matches what is going on with me.
What a relief to find someone who I think is experiencing the same thing!  Now if we could just find out some answers.
You don't mention if you're male of female.  I am a female however I don't believe it's hormonal as I'm post menopausal and this has been happening to me as long as I can remember.
I am a female also and I get this too. it started to be only on my legs and now I get it on my arms face and hands too. I think my dr. thinks I am crazy. because the skin looks normal. I am a questionable M.S. patient and I keep thinking it is connected to M.S. but i really don't know what it is. it drives me crazy too. i never knew other people were getting it too. maybe the more people that get this they will figure out what is going on.. please let me know if any of you have M.S. i will be following you.
I get them on my face feels as if the spot gets really hot like a steam spray...
I am getting the something and was hoping to get some help here. my neurologist. told me it was caused by stress, my rheum. said it was part of the fibromyalgia flair up and the heat wave we were having last summer. the pain was as if i was burn by steam and some days it was on both my arms or legs, my face, sides,  it would move all over in large patches all over my body and I couldn't stand to have anything touch me. I would take Naproxen or vicodine to to the edge off the pain.

The burning pain went away in Oct. but came back this week. Maybe there is something to it being brought on by stress, 3 of my vehicles were smashed by a stolen car while sitting in my drive way, and one  was in my garage. And since Tuesday the top of my thighs are burning
mine moves all over too.but are very small spots. i hadn't had it for awhile but got it back today. so i went on here searching for answers tonight. i also have fibromyalgia and possible M.S. i have the leasions on my brain.. it could be stress because of so many things going on in my life right now but i never feel stressed. i am calm most all the time and i think it is from taking strong antidepressents. so i think that is just guessing maybe from the dr.. no doctor seem to have a good answer yet.. it will be a new disease one day..
it's been a while i been feeling like a burning sensation under my skin, on my back, my arms and my stomach, i wonder if stress can casue that, cause i've been stressing a lot lately

Burning sensation may be nerve related. It may be due to a neuralgia wherein otherwise non painful stimuli may actually cause pain. Burning sensation may also be associated with flushing. Hormonal imbalance and fluctuations may also present with these especially in women. Other chronic pain syndromes have to be considered here. It is best to have this assessed by a neurologist so that a complete medical examination be done. Stress related factors and other psychological factors may also play a role. It is important to determine if an organic or physical factor is present as psychological factors may also present similarly with pain and burning sensation.
I am 42 year old male
I experience the following:
burning sensations in feet
stingy and prickly sensation on back, scalp, upper arms, hands, feet chest. I had this for about 3 months now but the feet burning sensations i had for two years. I went to a neurologist and underwent a nerve conduction study but all was ok. Ive been searching the internet and i finally came across this webiste www.aspartamekills.com and after i read its content, it made some sense to me becuase i am a heavy user of Aspartame, i ve been using it for about 5 years. I stopped using Aspartame (Equal Sugar) a week ago becuause they suggest to stop for 60 days before you see any imporvement. I will post here again in 60 days and i hope these evil sensations go away.
Sam
I have also been getting this horrible burning sensation that moves to diffrent parts of my body as i lay here in bed but i fill very cold i try and cover up but when i do my skin feels hotter and hotter does any one no what this is?I take alot of tylenol could it be my liver? can someone help me.
     I am a Aspartame user to but never but that together i have it above my chest on the left and the same at my back like thru both sides burning feeling but no red place  ive had this many of times but you are all right it comes and goes im  not sure what it is.
i have this burning and pain on the back of my legs and in the virgina nad buttocks area. I feel it in my face like i have a fever. Its hard to sit or where pants. Very pain ful. they took me off my hormones last year it went away. But then other things got worse. So i went back on them thi year. Its terriable. The dotors don't really have any answers. Ihave tried bathing in cool water lotions. Nothing owrks. Ihave to lay down on a cool sheet after work for some relief. JJ
I'm 32 years old and about 6 weeks ago I came down with shingles.  The same day I went to the dermatologist who gave me a cortizone shot and some pills to stop the spreading and who assured me that since we started treatment within 24 hours of the onset I will be fine.  The shingles were most likely brought on by stress as I've been working a lot and there is always the posibility that if not treated on time they can cause nerve damage.  3 days ago, I started getting painful, tearing, burning sensations on a patch of skin on my hip followed by numbness.  There is no pattern to what brings on the pain, but it's so awfull that I'm left whimpering and out of breath and scared of the next time it will happen.  It doesn't bother me when I work out, but it comes on when I turn around, get out of the car, bend to pick something up.  There are no bruises on the spot and the first time it happened I just thought that it was a one time thing but it's been going on for 3 days now.  I wonder if it's related to the shingles
I too have had the same problem for years. I get the burning patches on my chest and under my arms. It comes and goes and the feeling is so sensitive even clothes brushing up against my skin causes pain. It is a real relief to see that I'm not alone, for years I felt I was the only one going through this.
i have had these symptoms ever since i got my first period when i was 11.  I am 20 now and i experience this quite often in the thighs, vaginal area, and buttocks.  i went to the gyno and they called it "vulvadynia" which is a condition just as mysterious and un-researched as this burning sensations we all have are..i have been using creams for diaper rash on my inner thighs to help cool the pain but it doesnt help to cure it, its even worse when clothes rub or i sweat.  Even if you can't find a name to this condition, at least there are people out there that know exactly what you are talking about :)
I am a 37 year old female; i am looking for answers as well; I am fit and work out 5x week; however, over the last few years, I have had various episodes of discomfort which cannot be explained; recently, I've been having the "burning sensation"; no rashes, dots, discoloration, just burning with some slight itching; I almost tore my clothes off at work because the rubbing was so painful; I had particular burning on my rib cage and thighs; My labs always come up "normal", except for a slightly higher billirubin count (had this for years); no yellowing of the skin; I think this might be either nerve related or hormonal, although, frankly, it seems crazy that this is caused by hormones.
Oh man i know exactly what ur talkin about im 26 and ive been getting these "invisable burns" as long as i can remember i even get them under my nails. Ive stopped trying to get a doctor to help me they just half smile and say i dont know like im making it up they dont even try to help it sux i dont think ill ever get help for it
Aspartame!!!  I am a 44 year old female. I just started having these symptoms that everyone is writing about here this week, and the only thing different I have been doing is drinking diet coke. That is new for me. One of the commenters above wrote about these symptoms being related to Aspartame and even before I read that, I had thought it might be the diet cokes because it is the only new thing I am doing. If you read about Aspartame side effects, you will see this is one of them!
I find it interesting that some are associating aspartame with the burning sensation on various parts of their body.  I too have been experiencing burning sensation mostly on the ankle area but recently it has spread to arm pit and chest.  I used to drink 3-6 cans of diet coke a day, however due to osteoperosis I reduced my intake to one can a day.  It wasn't until after I reduced my pop intake that I began suffering from these burning sensations.  (female, forty-six years old)
I am new to this, but after 8 months of trying to get answers of a doctor, ive decided to look on the net my self. This in turn can also be bad, i convinced my self i had ms but this has been ruled out. It started as numbness of the soles of my feet then turned to burning as other people have described. This starts and stops some times not comming for weeks at a time, feet also become sweaty. A cool surface releaves the burning no end. I have wooden floors and walking aeound with no socks on is heaven in the worst times. The gingly feeling then went to the back of my hands and i got burning patches on my forearms. May only last an hour at a time. I now get the symptoms on the ankles, upper back and now and again on one side of my neck. Never all at once.
My doctor said it has a reaction to high blood pressure tablets and took me off them, the only thing that happened was my blood pressure shot up. Then they said it was water retention. Its nothing to do with my fisical size, i am naturally big built but at 6 foot and just under15 stone, i woulnt class my self as overly "fat".
Over people have spoke about it comming at stress full times or when you "think" about the symptom, it seems to re appear. I can relate to this. I wake up every morning like a new man, then cant stop thinking, is it going to come back, may be a coincidence. Or is it that stress effects it. I find its worse when im at work than chilling at home. Its not a stressfull job, but i get bugged easly by things that arent right and take things on when other people just walk past.
At the start i was complaining a lot and this was affecting my relationship, now im keeping it to my self, although she knows im still seeking help from my doctor. Family life coulnt be better, i have two builifull young daughters and a new wife, my biggest concern isnt my pain but if i cant provide for them if the future if this gets worse. It hasnt got any worse, just persists and some answers would maybe relieve tension and in turn relieve the pain.......
start taking liver support herbs every day ,herbs like milk thistle  and dandelion if i am wright it could be a liver problem, it will stop or lessen down after  a while
Well..... in my case, Im 17 years old and for some reason i have the exact same symptoms including: burning sensation from my pinky to my armpit and from there, it goes across half my chest. When my clothes brush up against that area, i cnt help but cringe a little biut from the pain. from what i have heard, I'm not under any kind of stress, i do not have any type of physical or mental illness if it helps. I just want to know whats wrong with me.
Ahhh! I have been feeling a burning sensation on the lower part of my inner left thigh. It's only one spot at a time on my body, but this one's the worst! And most people I've read about with the same problem say theirs' started on the leg, too. There's no burn, I haven't been in the sun, but I feel the tenderness and heat of a burn in my nerves. I have anxiety and fibromyalgia, but could it really be causing these infernal spots?!
I am about to turn 13 and i recently got this weird burns but there is nothing i had it on my lower back then to the side and now its moving towards the top of my back. I haven't gone to the beach or anything im scared and confused. HELP!!!!!
Where is the med help to all these questions? Is there no med help? Then why ask?
I have two 1 inch circle "hot spots", with no visual indication, that flair up from time to time.  One is on my right, anterior, upper forearm, one is on my anterior left thigh, a handwidth above my knee.

55 y.o. male.  I had a similar thing happen with zocor but changed to lipitor, with no problems.  Take blood pressure pill, and niaspan.  These hots pots are not like a niacin flush.  It's more intense and concentrated and in a smaller area.  (Leg spot is burning like hell right now!!)  I avoid niacin flush by taking a Ibuprofen ~1 hr prior to niacin, and drink lots of water with the niacin.  

Could be meds, stress ('up there' recently, 'keeping a job-related', w/ 3 college kids), but not aspartame as I don't drink soda.  I take neurontin for trigeminal neuralgia, and the IBP for sacroililiac / arthritic type pain.  

Other than that, healthy, but a little overweight now due to inactivity related to back issues.  Dang, sounds bad....  Any help is appreciated.   Anyone else on statin-type drugs having 'hot spots'.  (sounds like a pet's issue, ha!)
I am a 29 year old female and I suffer too from a burning sensation all over my body. I literally feel like I'm on fire. I wake up covered in sweat everyday because it is so painful. I have lupus and fibromyalgia. I noticed it gets worse when I drink coffee, after I eat, that's when I get upset. I work and go to school but I have been difficulty focusing because it is so consuming. My doctor is sending me to a pain management place but I really don't want to be stuck on pills. I would rather eat healthy and exercise, and I have been doing this but I think I need to kick it up a notch. I used this to maintain my lupus and it worked. I was wondering if this could be related to a hormonal imbalance? I really can't live like this anymore. It's constant and I can never find relief. It used to feel like someone was flicking water on my chest and arms and now it's just a burning all over. I heard fibro is caused by trauma which would make sense to me but can it cause something like this? I don't want to be a whiner and this is the first time I have ever posted a comment like this but I am desperate for help. I just want to get better and get on with my life.
Please help.
Thank you,
Jenn
ahhh this is what im experiancing! ITS SO ANNOYING & PAINFUL!! I get the birning pain on my inner thighs and my hands, i dont know what it is??
im 41 years old female.  i have this burning feeling for at least 2 years now.  i mentioned to my doctor but he said it's stress related, told me not to worry, that it'll go away soon.  it never goes away, the burning feeling pops up at different parts of my body everyday, and it lasts only 2-3 seconds and never at the same spot twice.  it's not pain, it feels like when you are using a blow dryer to dry your hair and you hold it too long it burns your scalp a little... that's exactly the feeling, not pain.  it's very annoying, i read something from another website, it says could be MS symtoms :(
Hello fellow burning skin people. I have all the symptoms everyone has mentioned for years as well.  Although I don't have a name or reason for this problem, and no Doc. who'll fix it....I do have something that helps me with my skin pain.  This is not an advertisement, just me wanting to let you know what works for me.  Its over the counter about $13.00 and you can get it at Walgreen's. Its called "Stop Pain" made by Troy Healthcare,LLC.  You simply spray it on your pain(may be sensitive at first or even shocking, but it works). its a cool sensation, and you will have to keep reapplying, but eventually it gets better.  Hope it helps you!  
I'm a 40 year old male and I also share the same symptoms rash on the thigh,ancles ,fingers,hip, lower stomach under bellybutton and in the general private areas. And now for the last 2 weeks right side of my neck it hurts more on my neck then anywhere . Can I ask have any of you been around the beach in FL,al, miss, Louisiana or Texas sense the oil spill?
I'm 30 years old female. I have this same symptoms for 2 years now. Went to doctor so many times they laughed at my face as if I'm a joker :( first started with this coldness on left side of my stomach, did MRI, blood, urine whatever you name it. Everything came normal.
I don't know if it is related to stress or if I have a neurology problem. It keeps bothering me. I feel this hot sensation on some of the part of my body specially on left hand and feet. I tried not to concentrate but can't :(
I just had a baby I'm worried for him. Hopefully one day doctors can figure out the problems. Anyone has any answer. This is making my life miserable. God bless you all
Between I don't have pain but its just weird sensation. I want this to stop soon. :(
me too ..previously I was feeling this burning sensation on my left leg and it started to my left thigh too. I am 30 yrs old male.
I have stupid burning sensation through out my body. Have stage 1 uterine cancer
I have lupus, and raynaulds and fibromyalgia. I have the burning sensation on my arms,hands,legs,feet and face.  i find that when I get cold and my body warms up, after it warms I have the burning sensation.. like I am being scalded.  my hands, lower legs and feet are bright red and it can last for hours.  nothing helps.  it goes away after several hours and comes back the next time I get chilled.  my face and arms and thighs burn alot, but don't get red.  I know some people have posted about aspartame, but I avoid it since it causes me to get migraine and flu like symptoms.
3-6 cans of diet coke a day help osteoperosis?..... woman in nz recently died because the amount of coke she drank poisoned her. Popular opinion was she died of stupidity due to the quantities.coke is not a food. try water! and celery.
okay the aspartame thing....i pretty much gave up my diet cokes...but for the last two weekends i have had ONE diet coke.  and...the sensitive skin patches have shown up. I am thinking this could TOTALLY be related...I will abstain this weekend and see if it subsides
I am 46 and i am female and have been having this for at least 3 years and i can get it maybe twince in a year, but now it seems to be coming every couple of minths.  I have these same symptoms.  I use to get it mostly on my shoulder, but now I'm getting it on my thigh my arms. I'm having that burning sensation right now on the lower inside of my thigh just above my right knee. I can't stand to have clothing or anything touch this area, and this time it seems like the area is getting bigger.
I am 36 yrs old and have spots on my inner and outer left thigh about hands length up from the knee.  Started about 5 hours ago.  I've had this happen only once before but years ago.  I take no medication and do not use any sort of aspartame products.  I have had very high levels of stress lately, though.  Hopefully we all find some comfort soon
Recently I've been experiencing that burning feeling in my right thigh. It comes and goes. I'm a 39 yr old female. Not on any meds.
I am a 32 year old male with HIV (diagnosed in 2005), chronic pain, fatigue, other health issues and I'm on several different medications. I started having burning patches in different parts of my body a few years ago. It started in my left lower leg and there was actual pain/bruised feeling with it too. It would hurt when my pants touched or a cat rubbed it. It also felt like my shin had been hit by a baseball bat and I could hardly walk on my left leg. Another time I got the extremely "sensitive" feeling with burning in my upper left thigh and left hip.  I can't handle my clothes touching when it happens. Other parts of my body that have been affected are left eyelid, left side back of neck and parts of my torso. It seems to only effect my left side. My left side also has pressure and heaviness throughout it and a "fuzzy, achy, vibrational" pain with altered sensation all the time. I never had this problem before I had a really bad fall after blacking out in 2008. I blacked out, hit my head on a TV set, file cabinet, bent a metal handle down with my head and continued to hit the floor. A friend was there and told me my eyes rolled back in my head and I was flopping all over the floor. I didn't wake up for over 45 mins.

Anyone able to possibly help me with this? My doc treats me like I am a hypochondriac and I'm not. Narcotics sometimes help the burning pains but, usually don't.
It is neuropathy. Mostly associated with Diabetes, Diabetic Neuropathy. I also know someone with MS who has neuropathy. It comes with many illnesses that are autoimmune.
Allodynia. This can be a manifestation of B12 deficiency, or anxiety state.
Oh my Great God of Israel!I've had this same insanity as far back as 2001 when I was in senior high school,it started in my inner thighs,and gradually moved to my belly area,and for the latter part it has gotten itself stuck under my arms and chest areas--and they get so hot that it simply maims my body.

I always have sweaty feet and sweaty palms when it flares up,and the most annoying part is it only strikes the entire left portion of my body more than anywhere else.

I searched every nook and cranny,I dug under every rock,I did every medical test in the book,and all my results came out NORMAL. It felt like I was going paranoid,and my doctors couldn't help much as they themselves were always baffled by my complains--two of them gave up on me,but I knew something was very wrong with my body,I just couldn't find the appropriate means to convey it to them medically.

Now,I've had so much stress from these burns that I have also been unfortunately diagnosed with high blood pressure--which I believe has been the obvious stress of dealing with this nameless pain that has pursued my body and ravaged my happiness and functioning as a normal human being for years.

I feel like it had robbed me of my young years,I couldn't have any sanctity or sanity in my mind for even a day to deal with anything else meaningful and worthwhile,than to think about it everyday,and raising my anxiety levels as a result--other than stress over this painful ordeals. It got to a point I considered suicide severally. I always thought this was a curse of some sort,and that God was punishing me for something I did or had done.

But in all of it,I've learned to live with it,to cope with it. I'm so happy to know today,that I have never been the only person suffering from this 'insanity'.

I pray we get answers to these problems soon.

God bless you all..
I have just started with these burning hot spots under my collar bone.. I have had a break out of coldsores 3 on my lip inbtween nose and nose!!  Yea i have bit of stress going on.. Usualy gt one not 5!! Been to holland and barrett been given L-Lysine.. Takn first one today will post back if they help :)
I too have the burning sensation, like my blood is boiling under my skin. Turns out that I have been diagnosed with JO1+ antisynthetase syndrome. Check it out people just in case as it's better to get this one treated earlier than later.
Hello im a 42 year old female and I to have been getting very hot spots on all parts of my body and vagina but my temp has been 36 so I cant work out why it hasn't been higher the hot spots don't hurt but to touch my body it feels like I have had a hot water bottle on my skin there are no red patches I have been to my doctor and they don't know why please any one can you help me im willing to try anything these hot spots are making me feel sick I have only had them for just over a week but in that time felt veryyyy tiered

Hi, I've had these sensations for almost 30 years and can honestly say that for me it is definitely not linked with Aspartame. I can't remember the last time I had a diet coke and I do my best to avoid foods with Aspartame or long lists of weird chemicals. So, I think it's safe to say that it's not Aspartame. I've spoken to doctors over the years and have been told by a few that it's most likely related to the chicken pox virus that lays dormant in your system and flares up from time to time - particularly when you're under stress.
I'm 58 and have the same thing above my knee. Hurts like heck and nothing helps it. I'm not on any scripts but I do take antihistamines for allergies and a multivitamin.  It's just a weird feeling. . . . almost like an electrical charge is pulsing through it.  I hope someone posts something that  will help us!
After reading some of your posts I actually feel fortunate that my burning sensation is limited to just one small spot on my lower leg that comes and goes throughout the day with no skin irritation. Always the same spot and it feels like I am resting my leg on a radiator or something yet there is not rash, not redness and the skin is cool as a cucumber.  Mine just started this week so I can only hope it goes away and I am not writing about it again in 20 years.  I was considering going to the doctor but it sounds like the medical community is clueless on this one. As a side note, I drink mostly water during the day but always have one diet coke at lunch and have been doing this for years so I really don't think mine is caused by Aspartame but at this point it is anybody's guess. I am a 48 yr old active male with relatively low stress and outside of some golf on the weekends I really am not in the sun too much.
If symptoms migrate (move from one place to the other) or are present throughout the WHOLE body, causes might include metabolic problems such as low calcium,and or vit D though often these symptoms may reflect emotional/psychiatric problems related to stress (what is called somatization disorder). The latter is a true medical condition whereby instead of a patient experiencing depression or anxiety, they experience physical symptoms, and once the stress is addressed, the symptoms resolve
.Is this you?
15 min Exercise and important 15 Sun a day.
stop coffee, a leacher of vitamins
Thanks for your comments. I am female 50 with hysterectomy and woke up with pain on every part of body I am lying on. Switching sides doesn't matter, and I have no rash either. I do have an auto immune deficiency which is un specified, but not any of the major diseases. I went to ehow.com and chatted with a doctor. I was quite frankly freaking out at 6am. Although I had shingles it did not present like this, and after asking very specific questions, she recommended I see a doctor today.

if you get sick often, it lasts longer and is worse than it should be, and get random other issues like weakness, eyes twitching or blurring, pain for no specific reason in joints, I highly recommend that you be tested for an auto-immune deficiency. All it takes is a blood test to determine, but have good insurance because if the test is positive, the rest of the tests are expensive and a exhausting. We have good insurance, but out of pocket expense was still close to $1,000. Also be prepared for it to be a major illness, ms, lupus,Lyme disease etc, but if it is not the most they will tell you is to be careful of triggers (heat stress ect), treat the symptoms, and be prepared to get sick a lot. Reassuring that it is not deadly, but very frustrating.

your comments helped solidify both my own theories, the doctor on ehow.com and made it easier to know I am not the only one. Thanks M
Very similar problems, same comments from same type of doctors, decided Ihad an autoimmune deficiency, but wasn't one of the serious ones, just "unspecified" I thought my symptoms started with last years heat wave, but after talking to my therapist of 8 years (the only person I see on a regular basis since am retired military and you never know which doctor you see) realized they had started years ago and we assumed reactions to different meds (kind of is and isn't). I kept a journal and stress, heat, minor illness turned major were definite triggers. We live in WA state and are having another heat wave and my symptoms reappeared on a major basis. Recently discovered convergency disorder and think that might be something to look onto as it is similar and also caused by stress. Good luck, I feel your pain :(
Did they? I have also used it for years, but shrugged off warnings about it. What do you use instead? Another sweetener or sugar? You can also look up convergencey disorder and see if that helps. Neurologists seemed to be more baffled than anything else

mvik
I am a 48 female who has just started getting burning in spots on my body.  I am bipolar and have been for 28 years take a nice cocktail of prescribed medication.  The burning started yesterday and I just thought I was hot because I'm hot and then cold and that goes on all day.  I'm pre-menopausal.  Right now I have a burning sensation on my lower left side of my back.  I also had one on the side of my hip while sleeping today.  I had to check in the car if I put the seat warmers on because it was burning.  I have syatic not sure of the spelling pain right now that is my entire left side from the hip down to my toes.  I'm very stressed at this point and have been all year.  I wonder is there something that can be taken.  
Omg you all understand my pain im only 19 and this happens to me i dont know how to elapain it to any of my doctors im just to embrassed what do i do  
I had same symptoms.  Turned out it was low B-12.  Once I started getting B-12 shots it went away and so far has not returned!  Go to your Dr and have them check your B-12 levels!  I know it sounds crazy but it worked for me
Have your B-12 checked - I had same and got B-12 shots - it went away
I too am experiencing this burning sensation/flushing especially across the back, shoulder, neck, groin, leg, feet & toes. The toes & my back are the worst, it was also discovered I have a kidney infection. don't know if that is related!
I have been reading about earthing, there is an earthing sheet you can get that you sleep on every night & if you do this every night aches & pains & other unusual symptoms can abate. We live in a very technology world & judging by the amount of people I have seen here with this burning sensations like mine & yours, perhaps it has something to do with the build up of EMFs etc our bodies are bombarded with every day. I have WIFI in my home & use an iPad, computor, iPhone etc every day. The grounding sheet helps your body diffuse this apparently, while you are sleeping. Anyhow I am going to check it out but be wary there are a lot of phoney earthing stuff out there!  Good luck with your search.
I have the same burning sensation on my wrist and sometimes on my stomach I've have it for at least 2-3 years but never more than a few days to a week at a time.ive told doctors about it and they say it's the sun but I'm a couch guy. I live in Winnipeg Manitoba up in Canada in the winter the same doctor tells me it's the dryness from the cold. Do you have any remedies ?
I am 38 female and just started experiencing the burning sensation. It's not particularly painful just uncomfortable so far. Just one large patch on my  back left shoulder blade. No rash, discolorization or marks to explain it. I have been experiencing increasing hive like marks on my upper arms over the last few years that don't itch just irritate like a small sliver as well as scab like spots on my back. My doctor says the spots on my arms are a benign common skin condition that doesn't seem to have a common cause or cure. My Dietition thinks its an imbalance of vitamin or minerals but my doctor disagrees. The scab patches on my back he also says is a benign scin condition that he has no treatment for and so far has only burned off OK ne that was tearing open by my bra and wasn't healing. I am not sure either is related to the burning sensation but my like has been extremely stressful lately and coincidencently these conditions are getting worse. I have gotten used to the others but the burning sensation is new and worrisome.
I had the burning sensation on my inner thigh/crotch and didn't like it at all.  When it got bad I treated it with a generous coating of aloe, the kind you treat sunburn with.  I would let it dry completely, standing in front of a fan if possible.  It seems to relieve the symptoms at least temporarily.  The burning did stop bothering me in that area, but has now resurfaced on my hip.  I will try aloe there too, but I am lazy so I will wait till it gets really annoying.  I hope this is helpful.
I've been having this same feeling occur on and off for years and found that it occurs when my sciatica nerve is inflamed.  That darn nerve causes knee or thigh ache sometimes. Other times it's just the skin sensitivity or aching lower back.  It gets inflamed after things like sitting or laying on the couch too long, sitting in my crooked desk chair, bending or lifting too much, or simply twisting the wrong way, or my mattress needs to be flipped or slept on a bed that was too hard or too soft. If I take something like Doans or Ibuprophen symptoms float away.  Issues with that nerve don't always feel like back ache so it's the LAST thing I would have thought of years ago when it started. B12 helps if it's inflamed due to vitamin deficiency so I just take both anti-inflammatory and B12 vitamins...it fades out. Good luck folks!
Hi, I have also recently been going through the same thing. This just started almost a week ago for me. I had just got back to my house and out of no where it started to feel like things were biting all over my body. Then I had sharp pains in the right side of my breast and sharp pains in my left leg. After that, that is when the burning started. First it was on my neck and then started to move to different parts of my body. Every day is a new spot, but it typically stays around my upper half ( my back, neck, and arms). The doctors have no clue whats causing it, but I hope that they can figure out something, because this is one of the worst feelings I've ever had. I can barely wear clothes! My Prayers are to everyone suffering from this awful pain and I pray we get answers soon. Best wishes and love
BDC
My daughter has a red like sunburn on her stomach this morning bshe woke up and know it spread to her armt
What couldb this be
I am a 60 year old male that had burning skin when touched, all of my life. It comes and goes through out the year. When I was young I would get it the side of my chest and side of the head. The head pain would be a quick stab and put me to my knees at times. This would go one to a few days then stop.
These days the pain is on my inner thigh. in one spot. My symptoms have change through the years...the sensitivity now never goes completely away but flairs up every few months.
I have talk to doctors and neurologists with a response of no idea. They tell me to change cloth washing soaps, shower soap diet, or an environmental change. I tell them is someone has a voodoo doll of my image. Nothing works so I lived with it  all my life.
Reading all these post with similar symptoms and no relief tells me medical science  has no answers. I believe it to be neurological because it has moved from different locations. The head being by far the worse.
I hear DMSO can help to treat this
I had this problem too but thankfully I'm cured now.  It used to happen at random times & in random places. The sensation of burning that I suffered felt like 'stingy nettles' touching the upper part of my body - mostly my chest area. When it struck it was very debilitating.

The worst time I suffered it I was at the supermarket. It was excruciating! I really wanted to scratch myself like crazy but - as people know who suffer this - scratching does nothing to help it. Within minutes it had stopped.

I tried everything to make it go away. I changed clothes detergent. I tried vitamins but nothing helped. I even had a blood test & that came back just fine.

But now I know what the problem is. Several years ago I changed my diet and stopped eating salted snacks. I always used to eat a lot & then I suddenly stopped. I never added any salt to meals that I ate (only the salt within the ingredients). A few months ago I started eating salted snacks again and now the burning I used to endure has gone away completely.

I now know it was the lack of salt in my diet that caused this problem. Now I eat at least 1 to 2 bags of salted snacks a day. Thankfully this nightmare has finally gone away...
I have it on one of my thighs.  I have been diagnosed with Sclerederma which is tightening of the skin in my hands, arm and thigh.  My want to go to dermo and or Rheumatoud Dr.