skin burning sensations on different parts of the body
I am 43 and have been suffering with a skin burning sensation on different parts of my body for years. I have not been burnt nor have I been in the sun. it does not occur everyday it could come on 1 day and not show up again for 3 months, 2 weeks or 2 days. It could be virtually anywhere on the body. the leg, arm face, even the scalp. The burning area is always no bigger tnan 3 inches in diameter. There is no itching or swelling. If you were to look at the spot where it is burning you would see nothing. It only shows up on one spot of the body when it shows up. Never ever in two spots. It feels as if someone took a hot pan and laid it on my skin. The pain could last up to 24 hours. The only medication I am on is Zoloft but I just started this medication. This is the only medication perscription wise that I have ever been on. Other than say aspirin or tylenol thru my life. I can not find anything that will fix it. It can be extreamly painful at times and is driving me nuts because I can not figure out what could be causing it.
Ahhh! I have been feeling a burning sensation on the lower part of my inner left thigh. It's only one spot at a time on my body, but this one's the worst! And most people I've read about with the same problem say theirs' started on the leg, too. There's no burn, I haven't been in the sun, but I feel the tenderness and heat of a burn in my nerves. I have anxiety and fibromyalgia, but could it really be causing these infernal spots?!
I am about to turn 13 and i recently got this weird burns but there is nothing i had it on my lower back then to the side and now its moving towards the top of my back. I haven't gone to the beach or anything im scared and confused. HELP!!!!!
Where is the med help to all these questions? Is there no med help? Then why ask?
I have two 1 inch circle "hot spots", with no visual indication, that flair up from time to time.  One is on my right, anterior, upper forearm, one is on my anterior left thigh, a handwidth above my knee.

55 y.o. male.  I had a similar thing happen with zocor but changed to lipitor, with no problems.  Take blood pressure pill, and niaspan.  These hots pots are not like a niacin flush.  It's more intense and concentrated and in a smaller area.  (Leg spot is burning like hell right now!!)  I avoid niacin flush by taking a Ibuprofen ~1 hr prior to niacin, and drink lots of water with the niacin.  

Could be meds, stress ('up there' recently, 'keeping a job-related', w/ 3 college kids), but not aspartame as I don't drink soda.  I take neurontin for trigeminal neuralgia, and the IBP for sacroililiac / arthritic type pain.  

Other than that, healthy, but a little overweight now due to inactivity related to back issues.  Dang, sounds bad....  Any help is appreciated.   Anyone else on statin-type drugs having 'hot spots'.  (sounds like a pet's issue, ha!)
I am a 29 year old female and I suffer too from a burning sensation all over my body. I literally feel like I'm on fire. I wake up covered in sweat everyday because it is so painful. I have lupus and fibromyalgia. I noticed it gets worse when I drink coffee, after I eat, that's when I get upset. I work and go to school but I have been difficulty focusing because it is so consuming. My doctor is sending me to a pain management place but I really don't want to be stuck on pills. I would rather eat healthy and exercise, and I have been doing this but I think I need to kick it up a notch. I used this to maintain my lupus and it worked. I was wondering if this could be related to a hormonal imbalance? I really can't live like this anymore. It's constant and I can never find relief. It used to feel like someone was flicking water on my chest and arms and now it's just a burning all over. I heard fibro is caused by trauma which would make sense to me but can it cause something like this? I don't want to be a whiner and this is the first time I have ever posted a comment like this but I am desperate for help. I just want to get better and get on with my life.
Please help.
Thank you,
Jenn
ahhh this is what im experiancing! ITS SO ANNOYING & PAINFUL!! I get the birning pain on my inner thighs and my hands, i dont know what it is??
im 41 years old female.  i have this burning feeling for at least 2 years now.  i mentioned to my doctor but he said it's stress related, told me not to worry, that it'll go away soon.  it never goes away, the burning feeling pops up at different parts of my body everyday, and it lasts only 2-3 seconds and never at the same spot twice.  it's not pain, it feels like when you are using a blow dryer to dry your hair and you hold it too long it burns your scalp a little... that's exactly the feeling, not pain.  it's very annoying, i read something from another website, it says could be MS symtoms :(
Hello fellow burning skin people. I have all the symptoms everyone has mentioned for years as well.  Although I don't have a name or reason for this problem, and no Doc. who'll fix it....I do have something that helps me with my skin pain.  This is not an advertisement, just me wanting to let you know what works for me.  Its over the counter about $13.00 and you can get it at Walgreen's. Its called "Stop Pain" made by Troy Healthcare,LLC.  You simply spray it on your pain(may be sensitive at first or even shocking, but it works). its a cool sensation, and you will have to keep reapplying, but eventually it gets better.  Hope it helps you!  
I'm a 40 year old male and I also share the same symptoms rash on the thigh,ancles ,fingers,hip, lower stomach under bellybutton and in the general private areas. And now for the last 2 weeks right side of my neck it hurts more on my neck then anywhere . Can I ask have any of you been around the beach in FL,al, miss, Louisiana or Texas sense the oil spill?
I'm 30 years old female. I have this same symptoms for 2 years now. Went to doctor so many times they laughed at my face as if I'm a joker :( first started with this coldness on left side of my stomach, did MRI, blood, urine whatever you name it. Everything came normal.
I don't know if it is related to stress or if I have a neurology problem. It keeps bothering me. I feel this hot sensation on some of the part of my body specially on left hand and feet. I tried not to concentrate but can't :(
I just had a baby I'm worried for him. Hopefully one day doctors can figure out the problems. Anyone has any answer. This is making my life miserable. God bless you all
Between I don't have pain but its just weird sensation. I want this to stop soon. :(
me too ..previously I was feeling this burning sensation on my left leg and it started to my left thigh too. I am 30 yrs old male.
I have stupid burning sensation through out my body. Have stage 1 uterine cancer
I have lupus, and raynaulds and fibromyalgia. I have the burning sensation on my arms,hands,legs,feet and face.  i find that when I get cold and my body warms up, after it warms I have the burning sensation.. like I am being scalded.  my hands, lower legs and feet are bright red and it can last for hours.  nothing helps.  it goes away after several hours and comes back the next time I get chilled.  my face and arms and thighs burn alot, but don't get red.  I know some people have posted about aspartame, but I avoid it since it causes me to get migraine and flu like symptoms.
3-6 cans of diet coke a day help osteoperosis?..... woman in nz recently died because the amount of coke she drank poisoned her. Popular opinion was she died of stupidity due to the quantities.coke is not a food. try water! and celery.
okay the aspartame thing....i pretty much gave up my diet cokes...but for the last two weekends i have had ONE diet coke.  and...the sensitive skin patches have shown up. I am thinking this could TOTALLY be related...I will abstain this weekend and see if it subsides
I am 46 and i am female and have been having this for at least 3 years and i can get it maybe twince in a year, but now it seems to be coming every couple of minths.  I have these same symptoms.  I use to get it mostly on my shoulder, but now I'm getting it on my thigh my arms. I'm having that burning sensation right now on the lower inside of my thigh just above my right knee. I can't stand to have clothing or anything touch this area, and this time it seems like the area is getting bigger.
I am 36 yrs old and have spots on my inner and outer left thigh about hands length up from the knee.  Started about 5 hours ago.  I've had this happen only once before but years ago.  I take no medication and do not use any sort of aspartame products.  I have had very high levels of stress lately, though.  Hopefully we all find some comfort soon
Recently I've been experiencing that burning feeling in my right thigh. It comes and goes. I'm a 39 yr old female. Not on any meds.
I am a 32 year old male with HIV (diagnosed in 2005), chronic pain, fatigue, other health issues and I'm on several different medications. I started having burning patches in different parts of my body a few years ago. It started in my left lower leg and there was actual pain/bruised feeling with it too. It would hurt when my pants touched or a cat rubbed it. It also felt like my shin had been hit by a baseball bat and I could hardly walk on my left leg. Another time I got the extremely "sensitive" feeling with burning in my upper left thigh and left hip.  I can't handle my clothes touching when it happens. Other parts of my body that have been affected are left eyelid, left side back of neck and parts of my torso. It seems to only effect my left side. My left side also has pressure and heaviness throughout it and a "fuzzy, achy, vibrational" pain with altered sensation all the time. I never had this problem before I had a really bad fall after blacking out in 2008. I blacked out, hit my head on a TV set, file cabinet, bent a metal handle down with my head and continued to hit the floor. A friend was there and told me my eyes rolled back in my head and I was flopping all over the floor. I didn't wake up for over 45 mins.

Anyone able to possibly help me with this? My doc treats me like I am a hypochondriac and I'm not. Narcotics sometimes help the burning pains but, usually don't.
It is neuropathy. Mostly associated with Diabetes, Diabetic Neuropathy. I also know someone with MS who has neuropathy. It comes with many illnesses that are autoimmune.
Allodynia. This can be a manifestation of B12 deficiency, or anxiety state.
Oh my Great God of Israel!I've had this same insanity as far back as 2001 when I was in senior high school,it started in my inner thighs,and gradually moved to my belly area,and for the latter part it has gotten itself stuck under my arms and chest areas--and they get so hot that it simply maims my body.

I always have sweaty feet and sweaty palms when it flares up,and the most annoying part is it only strikes the entire left portion of my body more than anywhere else.

I searched every nook and cranny,I dug under every rock,I did every medical test in the book,and all my results came out NORMAL. It felt like I was going paranoid,and my doctors couldn't help much as they themselves were always baffled by my complains--two of them gave up on me,but I knew something was very wrong with my body,I just couldn't find the appropriate means to convey it to them medically.

Now,I've had so much stress from these burns that I have also been unfortunately diagnosed with high blood pressure--which I believe has been the obvious stress of dealing with this nameless pain that has pursued my body and ravaged my happiness and functioning as a normal human being for years.

I feel like it had robbed me of my young years,I couldn't have any sanctity or sanity in my mind for even a day to deal with anything else meaningful and worthwhile,than to think about it everyday,and raising my anxiety levels as a result--other than stress over this painful ordeals. It got to a point I considered suicide severally. I always thought this was a curse of some sort,and that God was punishing me for something I did or had done.

But in all of it,I've learned to live with it,to cope with it. I'm so happy to know today,that I have never been the only person suffering from this 'insanity'.

I pray we get answers to these problems soon.

God bless you all..
I have just started with these burning hot spots under my collar bone.. I have had a break out of coldsores 3 on my lip inbtween nose and nose!!  Yea i have bit of stress going on.. Usualy gt one not 5!! Been to holland and barrett been given L-Lysine.. Takn first one today will post back if they help :)
I too have the burning sensation, like my blood is boiling under my skin. Turns out that I have been diagnosed with JO1+ antisynthetase syndrome. Check it out people just in case as it's better to get this one treated earlier than later.
Hello im a 42 year old female and I to have been getting very hot spots on all parts of my body and vagina but my temp has been 36 so I cant work out why it hasn't been higher the hot spots don't hurt but to touch my body it feels like I have had a hot water bottle on my skin there are no red patches I have been to my doctor and they don't know why please any one can you help me im willing to try anything these hot spots are making me feel sick I have only had them for just over a week but in that time felt veryyyy tiered

Hi, I've had these sensations for almost 30 years and can honestly say that for me it is definitely not linked with Aspartame. I can't remember the last time I had a diet coke and I do my best to avoid foods with Aspartame or long lists of weird chemicals. So, I think it's safe to say that it's not Aspartame. I've spoken to doctors over the years and have been told by a few that it's most likely related to the chicken pox virus that lays dormant in your system and flares up from time to time - particularly when you're under stress.
I'm 58 and have the same thing above my knee. Hurts like heck and nothing helps it. I'm not on any scripts but I do take antihistamines for allergies and a multivitamin.  It's just a weird feeling. . . . almost like an electrical charge is pulsing through it.  I hope someone posts something that  will help us!
After reading some of your posts I actually feel fortunate that my burning sensation is limited to just one small spot on my lower leg that comes and goes throughout the day with no skin irritation. Always the same spot and it feels like I am resting my leg on a radiator or something yet there is not rash, not redness and the skin is cool as a cucumber.  Mine just started this week so I can only hope it goes away and I am not writing about it again in 20 years.  I was considering going to the doctor but it sounds like the medical community is clueless on this one. As a side note, I drink mostly water during the day but always have one diet coke at lunch and have been doing this for years so I really don't think mine is caused by Aspartame but at this point it is anybody's guess. I am a 48 yr old active male with relatively low stress and outside of some golf on the weekends I really am not in the sun too much.
If symptoms migrate (move from one place to the other) or are present throughout the WHOLE body, causes might include metabolic problems such as low calcium,and or vit D though often these symptoms may reflect emotional/psychiatric problems related to stress (what is called somatization disorder). The latter is a true medical condition whereby instead of a patient experiencing depression or anxiety, they experience physical symptoms, and once the stress is addressed, the symptoms resolve
.Is this you?
15 min Exercise and important 15 Sun a day.
stop coffee, a leacher of vitamins
Thanks for your comments. I am female 50 with hysterectomy and woke up with pain on every part of body I am lying on. Switching sides doesn't matter, and I have no rash either. I do have an auto immune deficiency which is un specified, but not any of the major diseases. I went to ehow.com and chatted with a doctor. I was quite frankly freaking out at 6am. Although I had shingles it did not present like this, and after asking very specific questions, she recommended I see a doctor today.

if you get sick often, it lasts longer and is worse than it should be, and get random other issues like weakness, eyes twitching or blurring, pain for no specific reason in joints, I highly recommend that you be tested for an auto-immune deficiency. All it takes is a blood test to determine, but have good insurance because if the test is positive, the rest of the tests are expensive and a exhausting. We have good insurance, but out of pocket expense was still close to $1,000. Also be prepared for it to be a major illness, ms, lupus,Lyme disease etc, but if it is not the most they will tell you is to be careful of triggers (heat stress ect), treat the symptoms, and be prepared to get sick a lot. Reassuring that it is not deadly, but very frustrating.

your comments helped solidify both my own theories, the doctor on ehow.com and made it easier to know I am not the only one. Thanks M
Very similar problems, same comments from same type of doctors, decided Ihad an autoimmune deficiency, but wasn't one of the serious ones, just "unspecified" I thought my symptoms started with last years heat wave, but after talking to my therapist of 8 years (the only person I see on a regular basis since am retired military and you never know which doctor you see) realized they had started years ago and we assumed reactions to different meds (kind of is and isn't). I kept a journal and stress, heat, minor illness turned major were definite triggers. We live in WA state and are having another heat wave and my symptoms reappeared on a major basis. Recently discovered convergency disorder and think that might be something to look onto as it is similar and also caused by stress. Good luck, I feel your pain :(
Did they? I have also used it for years, but shrugged off warnings about it. What do you use instead? Another sweetener or sugar? You can also look up convergencey disorder and see if that helps. Neurologists seemed to be more baffled than anything else

mvik
I am a 48 female who has just started getting burning in spots on my body.  I am bipolar and have been for 28 years take a nice cocktail of prescribed medication.  The burning started yesterday and I just thought I was hot because I'm hot and then cold and that goes on all day.  I'm pre-menopausal.  Right now I have a burning sensation on my lower left side of my back.  I also had one on the side of my hip while sleeping today.  I had to check in the car if I put the seat warmers on because it was burning.  I have syatic not sure of the spelling pain right now that is my entire left side from the hip down to my toes.  I'm very stressed at this point and have been all year.  I wonder is there something that can be taken.  
Omg you all understand my pain im only 19 and this happens to me i dont know how to elapain it to any of my doctors im just to embrassed what do i do  
I had same symptoms.  Turned out it was low B-12.  Once I started getting B-12 shots it went away and so far has not returned!  Go to your Dr and have them check your B-12 levels!  I know it sounds crazy but it worked for me
Have your B-12 checked - I had same and got B-12 shots - it went away
I too am experiencing this burning sensation/flushing especially across the back, shoulder, neck, groin, leg, feet & toes. The toes & my back are the worst, it was also discovered I have a kidney infection. don't know if that is related!
I have been reading about earthing, there is an earthing sheet you can get that you sleep on every night & if you do this every night aches & pains & other unusual symptoms can abate. We live in a very technology world & judging by the amount of people I have seen here with this burning sensations like mine & yours, perhaps it has something to do with the build up of EMFs etc our bodies are bombarded with every day. I have WIFI in my home & use an iPad, computor, iPhone etc every day. The grounding sheet helps your body diffuse this apparently, while you are sleeping. Anyhow I am going to check it out but be wary there are a lot of phoney earthing stuff out there!  Good luck with your search.
I have the same burning sensation on my wrist and sometimes on my stomach I've have it for at least 2-3 years but never more than a few days to a week at a time.ive told doctors about it and they say it's the sun but I'm a couch guy. I live in Winnipeg Manitoba up in Canada in the winter the same doctor tells me it's the dryness from the cold. Do you have any remedies ?
I am 38 female and just started experiencing the burning sensation. It's not particularly painful just uncomfortable so far. Just one large patch on my  back left shoulder blade. No rash, discolorization or marks to explain it. I have been experiencing increasing hive like marks on my upper arms over the last few years that don't itch just irritate like a small sliver as well as scab like spots on my back. My doctor says the spots on my arms are a benign common skin condition that doesn't seem to have a common cause or cure. My Dietition thinks its an imbalance of vitamin or minerals but my doctor disagrees. The scab patches on my back he also says is a benign scin condition that he has no treatment for and so far has only burned off OK ne that was tearing open by my bra and wasn't healing. I am not sure either is related to the burning sensation but my like has been extremely stressful lately and coincidencently these conditions are getting worse. I have gotten used to the others but the burning sensation is new and worrisome.
I had the burning sensation on my inner thigh/crotch and didn't like it at all.  When it got bad I treated it with a generous coating of aloe, the kind you treat sunburn with.  I would let it dry completely, standing in front of a fan if possible.  It seems to relieve the symptoms at least temporarily.  The burning did stop bothering me in that area, but has now resurfaced on my hip.  I will try aloe there too, but I am lazy so I will wait till it gets really annoying.  I hope this is helpful.
I've been having this same feeling occur on and off for years and found that it occurs when my sciatica nerve is inflamed.  That darn nerve causes knee or thigh ache sometimes. Other times it's just the skin sensitivity or aching lower back.  It gets inflamed after things like sitting or laying on the couch too long, sitting in my crooked desk chair, bending or lifting too much, or simply twisting the wrong way, or my mattress needs to be flipped or slept on a bed that was too hard or too soft. If I take something like Doans or Ibuprophen symptoms float away.  Issues with that nerve don't always feel like back ache so it's the LAST thing I would have thought of years ago when it started. B12 helps if it's inflamed due to vitamin deficiency so I just take both anti-inflammatory and B12 vitamins...it fades out. Good luck folks!
Hi, I have also recently been going through the same thing. This just started almost a week ago for me. I had just got back to my house and out of no where it started to feel like things were biting all over my body. Then I had sharp pains in the right side of my breast and sharp pains in my left leg. After that, that is when the burning started. First it was on my neck and then started to move to different parts of my body. Every day is a new spot, but it typically stays around my upper half ( my back, neck, and arms). The doctors have no clue whats causing it, but I hope that they can figure out something, because this is one of the worst feelings I've ever had. I can barely wear clothes! My Prayers are to everyone suffering from this awful pain and I pray we get answers soon. Best wishes and love
BDC
Hi my mom is expierincing the same thing,have you found what causes it and what treatment worked
Omg, I go through the very same thing but it's my face and the most terrible feeling. Do you take any viatimins?
My daughter has a red like sunburn on her stomach this morning bshe woke up and know it spread to her armt
What couldb this be
I am a 60 year old male that had burning skin when touched, all of my life. It comes and goes through out the year. When I was young I would get it the side of my chest and side of the head. The head pain would be a quick stab and put me to my knees at times. This would go one to a few days then stop.
These days the pain is on my inner thigh. in one spot. My symptoms have change through the years...the sensitivity now never goes completely away but flairs up every few months.
I have talk to doctors and neurologists with a response of no idea. They tell me to change cloth washing soaps, shower soap diet, or an environmental change. I tell them is someone has a voodoo doll of my image. Nothing works so I lived with it  all my life.
Reading all these post with similar symptoms and no relief tells me medical science  has no answers. I believe it to be neurological because it has moved from different locations. The head being by far the worse.
I hear DMSO can help to treat this
I had this problem too but thankfully I'm cured now.  It used to happen at random times & in random places. The sensation of burning that I suffered felt like 'stingy nettles' touching the upper part of my body - mostly my chest area. When it struck it was very debilitating.

The worst time I suffered it I was at the supermarket. It was excruciating! I really wanted to scratch myself like crazy but - as people know who suffer this - scratching does nothing to help it. Within minutes it had stopped.

I tried everything to make it go away. I changed clothes detergent. I tried vitamins but nothing helped. I even had a blood test & that came back just fine.

But now I know what the problem is. Several years ago I changed my diet and stopped eating salted snacks. I always used to eat a lot & then I suddenly stopped. I never added any salt to meals that I ate (only the salt within the ingredients). A few months ago I started eating salted snacks again and now the burning I used to endure has gone away completely.

I now know it was the lack of salt in my diet that caused this problem. Now I eat at least 1 to 2 bags of salted snacks a day. Thankfully this nightmare has finally gone away...
I have it on one of my thighs.  I have been diagnosed with Sclerederma which is tightening of the skin in my hands, arm and thigh.  My want to go to dermo and or Rheumatoud Dr.
I've been having the same problem. For me it's my left leg from ~ the knee down to the feet.. it feels like I had the Only steam burn... hurts really bad, don't rly want anything touching the area and different than a few of you I've read, the fan actually does Not help me. It just burns even more. Got so bad today I called my pain management drs office got a hold of the nurse and she told me it the nerve damage that I have. They're also going to be putting me back on Gabapentin. I see my pain mgmt for arthritis, herniated discs, supposed neuropathy etc., I will however be going to see my primary care provider as well.