Dermatology Expert Forum
skin came of my nose will it heal?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

skin came of my nose will it heal?

hi dr rockoff,
                  last friday I had a big pimple on my nose and I picked at it.about an hour later I took a shower and the skin on my nose was really raw from picking at the pimple I also use retin a micro 0.1% on my nose to cause i been getting some pimples there.well anyway the water from the shower took a layer of skin right of my nose where I picked at the pimple.now I have this big red spot on the middle of my nose.Its been about 5 days and I can see a tiny thin flesh colored scab or at least it looks like a scab but its very thin is the scab suppose to be flese color?.does skin heal back on the nose once a layer of skin comes off?I know theres not much skin on the nose to beggin with.1)about how long do you think it will take my nose to heal?
2)do you think it will leave a scar? 3)should i put anything on my nose where its trying to heal or should i leave it alone? 3)should I have a  dermatologist look at it?...thanks so much for you're time dr rockoff god bless!
I think it will heal fine and leave no scar.  My advice is to apply an antibiotic like bacitracin or neosporin daily and otherwise to leave it alone.  (Washing is OK, but no Retin-A.)  I'd wait 6 weeks before showing it to a dermatologist, because by then you may not have to.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
A related discussion, skin peeled off nose with tweezer was started.