skin cancer after mohs surgery

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

skin cancer after mohs surgery

I had Mohs surgery in May of 2008 to remove a basosquamous carcinoma on my nose.  It was the first time I have ever been diagnosed with skin cancer.  I had just turned 46.  8 months later, I noticed a small bump near the original border.  In fact, it almost looked like it was a bump on the border.  Scar tissue, I wondered.  It was white and I went to see my dermatologist.  He did a shave biposy.  "Is it going to be cancer again?," I asked.  "Very unlikely," he said.  The biopsy came back negative for cancer.  The diagnosis was an angiofibroma.  My doctor didn't think the bump had the characteristics of an angiofibroma.  He thought maybe the lab mistook the scar tissue for an angiofibroma.  Anyway, my doctor wasn't worried.  He said it's just a fibroma and nothing to worry about.

A month later I went in to ask him if I could get it removed.  I hated having a bump on the tip of my nose.  He encouraged me to leave it alone.  "It might even go away on it's own," he suggested.  It's now 9 months later and I am thankfully pregnant after a series of IVF procedures.  Very recently, I noticed that this bump has grown.  It's a white tiny pebble on the tip of my nose.  It used to be flat, now it's raised.  I went back to the doctor to show it to him again.  This time he said that he wanted to do another biopsy.  A punch biopsy.  He doesn't believe that the bump has the characteristics of an angiofibroma.  My bump isn't typical of an angiofibroma.  He said, "I hate to do this to you, but I'd like to do another biopsy to make sure we aren't missing something."  This of course terrified me.  I don't even know what my question is...  I'm scared.  What are the odds that I have more skin cancer so soon after Mohs?  I thought Mohs has a 99% cure rate.  I'm so depressed and anxious.  

the scar tissue of the Mohs surgery.