Dermatology Expert Forum
skin condition

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

skin condition

about a week ago (last wed.) I started to see 4 red patches on my abdomen. smaller red points followed around that aread and during the last weekend my back torso and arms became covered with small red dots, like little bumps. Almost all of them are small with some occasional bigger patches. I took a snapshot if that can help. I look forward to your reply
Dear tx09,

Going by the description of your lesion, the first possibility that comes to my mind is Pityriasis Rosea (PR). This is a condition in which we get to see a big (mother patch) lesion with fine scales over neck or abdomen which is followed by multiple small red lesions mainly over the back with fine scaling. It may also be associated with sore throat or viral fever .

The second possibility may be Guttate Psoriasis, though this is much less likely. It also causes red rashes with scaling, but it is usually a chronic condition.

I would advise you to consult a local dermatologist for a correct diagnosis. You may require a course of oral antibiotics along with application of a topical steroid cream once the diagnosis is confirmed. These are available only on prescription. The course of the medication may vary from a month to three months with consistent follow ups.

Hope I have answered your query. Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Thank you for using MedHelp's "Ask an Expert" Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones.

Best Regards,
Dr. Bharat Chawda
I forgot to add:
* it never really itched, only now it started a little but it's very mild. Almost nothing.
* the starting patches can still be seen as the biggest ones in the pic.
* the big ones started to flake a little and it seems there is some sort liquid inside. but very little.
* never had it before. the closest thing was when i get sunburned but then it is itchy and more in pacthes and not in tiny dots, like now.
* it seems to attack only the part of the body with no hair (i'm male). Except for the face, (where for now i've almost nothing). For instance the legs are only now being affect a little on the upper region.