skin discoloration after freezing wart

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

skin discoloration after freezing wart

Through self-diagnosis I believe I have genital warts.  I know the doctor is probly the place I should go, but I am uninsured and and slightly embarrassed.  I did extensive researchon the net and decided it was worth trying a couple over the counter wart removers on the genital warts.  Salicylcic acid seemed to work in making them smaller but it takes a while, So i tried dr scholls freeze away on one of the 2 warts.  The wart appears smaller but the diameter of the freezing applicator was bigger than the wart itself.  Consequently I have skin discoloration around the wart itself and the wart is now a different color.  THis makes things much more noticeable.  My concerne is will the sdiscoloration heal itself I have been applying a neosporin type gel on it for about a week.  It has been a week and a half since the freezing treatment.  Wiil the discoloration go away and how long can I expect it to take? and does anyone know any home remedies for a rather small genital wart?
podofilox (Condylox) this is a medicine of warts... but maybe bought using a prescription..

sorry have no idea for home remedy for genital warts