skin discoloration of the butt crack

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

skin discoloration of the butt crack

For the last couple of months my butt crack from the anus and half way up the butt crack and the srounding skin has been a light pink. My skin is medium brown. Sometimes the very middle of the crack is cracked, like dry cracked lips would crack. I have tired using cortizone, triple antibiotic ointment and mineral oil. It starts to regain it's skin color and then a couple of days later turns back pink. Do you think this could be an irritation to soap possibly or maybe I am srubbing too hard and it's drying out? I have currently switched soaps and changed to a softer wash glove so that I don't scrub too hard. I also wondered if this is an irritation to constant pooping. I recently gave up meat in the past 5 months and added more fiber and protein to my diet and lots of fish, so I have been pooping even more. There are occasions if the stool is really soft I may have a little leakage before I get to the washroom. Could the constant contact be causing me issues?

I haven't talked with my doctor about it yet, but I did have them do a quick lab to make sure I didn't have a yeast or bacterial infection going on.
This is the same problem I am having, and I am trying to find out whats going on?