skin discoloration spots on back of neck

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

9071836?1367340151
hello,

i noticed my boyfriend had about 3 small circles on the back of his neck below the hairline. They are about the size of a fingernail. They aren't raised or itchy or red. They simple are just a couple shades darker than his skin tone. I will attach a link of a picture of them. I'm not sure how this could have come about he's never had acne in that area.. If anyone could help i would appreciate it!
It can be due to hyperpigmentation skin. This darkening occurs when an excess of melanin, the brown pigment that produces normal skin color, forms deposits in the skin.

Treatment involves hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment. Please discuss these options with your dermatologist before using them

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.