skin discoloration

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

skin discoloration

when I was little my mother always had me wear cheap earrings,and now my ears or black at the tips,what is recommended are if I see a derm..what will he probably prescribe to me.

Do you have any other associated symptoms of itching, rash , etc.

It would not be advisable to scrub the area too hard as this would irritate the skin. You should try to avoid sweat collection in the areas, keep the areas clean, maintain good personal hygiene, wear lose comfortable clothes. Apply calamine lotion at the sites.

Consult a skin specialist for your complaints and discuss whether this is normal or whether a demyleininzing agent would help in your case. Also discuss with your specialist about microdermabrasion and laser therapy in your case.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Post us about what your doctor advises.

Regards.
my neck has turned black and i find it uncomfortable to wear round collar tshirts as my neck is seen.i hav no itching problem.please help e out in sorting out this problem.its been almost 3 years