Dermatology Expert Forum
skin on fingers and toe peeling
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

skin on fingers and toe peeling

My daugher is five years old.  I happen to notice her fingers one day and notice her skin peeling.  No symptoms of a sore throat, fever just a cold.  I call her peditrician he had her tested for strep throat.Test came back negative, but he kept her on the antibotics just in case it was the end of the strep throat.He also recommened to keep her hand moisturized and continue with the medicine.I did exactly what he ordered.  She finished the medicine fingers was clearing and also toes started to peel a week before also.  So I also put moisturize on them.  When I noticed the heeling I slowed down with the moisturizer.Needless to say they are peeling again within three days, but she all so came down with a cold, fever stomach no vomiting ,headache.  That was a quick 24 hour thing.  SHe is feeling great, but the peeling seems to continue.  Is it becuase I stopped with the moisturizer or is it viral or eczema.  I don't know what to do.  You look at her she is not ill at all except for  peeling skin on fingers and toes.  Please help!!!  Thank you