Dermatology Expert Forum
skin open sores & blisters

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

skin open sores & blisters

My 5 year old son gets terrible sores, then turns to blisters, then pops, leaks and then they turn into open wounds. It happens EVERYWHERE on his body not just his legs, this has been happening for a very long time, they checked the fluid in one of the blisters and said there was no bacteria, but, no answers on what this is or what's going on, it's awful !! He is beginning to show large scars all over, they look like cigarette burns (They are not bug bites) I have pictures I would like to show you but don't know how to upload to you, I did upload a pic to medhelp on another attempt to find out what this is, under user name 'margetam' if that helps, what someone suggested as an answer didn't look like what he has. If I can email you a few pictures of the wounds and blisters please let me know, I have them available. My name is Jaime, I'm his mother.
Sores and blisters that leak but don't have bacteria in them may be caused by trauma.  He may be attacking his skin, or someone may be doing it for him.  In order for you to get to the bottom of this--and you must do this--you will need to have him see a dermatologist in person, not on the internet.

Dr. Rockoff
he has been seen by 14 dermatologists (some pediatric), I would at least like you to see a picture. He had a biopsy done that was inconclusive, the dematologists have said it's insect bites (it is not), can we please send you a few pictures ? Thank you
I believe you can upload one to the site.  However, I am quite sure that if 14 doctors couldn't tell you for sure what he has when they saw him in person, I won't be able to tell from a picture.  I wonder whether any of the dermatologists performed a skin biopsy.

Dr. Rockoff