Dermatology Community
skin peeling off in layers on hands and splitting open
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

skin peeling off in layers on hands and splitting open

I have a very similar problem on my hands like everyone is talking about.I  just came across this site.I have had this condition  for 2 years now and was never able to see anyone with this problem beforeuntil now .I have searched and searched for a while now. I am now surprised by the large number of people having this related problem occuring on hands and feet. I have this on my right hand.The skin becomes  extremely dry,turning white and then appears like dead skin and it peels off  in strips of dead skin which does not hurt but then the underneath skin becomes red, inflamed and very hurtful.At times it gets itchy.My skin seems to become so thin that it opens into little cuts like paper cuts and then it really hurts and does not heal very fast I have tried many things on my hand with no  lasting results.I am totally baffled. Also when I put my hand in water the skin becomes extremely dry and hurtful like if i put my hand in parrafin wax or something. It then takes me finding something to soften the skin. I have as of lately began soaking my hands in extra virgin olive oil., and that helps a bit.I am so tired of it.that it becomes emotionally wearing on me. I believe now with so many people I have seen on here with the same thing.. that it must be something of a more agressive nature like a virus or fungas or something no one has a cure for. I  am fearful it is something from anothercountry or disease that is new and someone must help us find a a cure for it.I need relief from it soon.Thank you for listening.Good luck to everyone

This discussion is related to skin peeling of in layers on hands.