Dermatology Expert Forum
skin problems on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

skin problems on penis

Dr. Rockoff,

I asked you in the past about the problem that I have on my penis. Based on what I've read I was suspecting either balanitis or yeast infection both of which you said are not the cases here. I also showed my problem to a dermotologist  a while ago and he said that I might have had some dermatitis but not anymore.

Recently I went to gastroenterologist with some issues and I was told that I have h.pylori bacteria infection in the intestine and I was taking medication for 2 weeks including antibiotics (amoxicilin and biaxin). After about 10th day I started noticing improvements with my skin (I also have dry and flaky skin on my hands and around my mouth for some reason which might be somehow connected to my dry, sticky, wrinkled skin on my penis). It didn't go away completely but I've seen some improvement. In light of this - does that suggest anything to you? Could this be caused by some bacterial overgrowth or be a result of the issues in my intestine? I also got dry mouth at about the time when I got the problem with my skin.

Thank you very much.
I cannot think of any connection between your skin issues and your gastrointestinal tract.  I also can't think of any connection with your dry and flaky skin elsewhere, unless you have mild eczema, only your dermatologist didn't find that condition, apparently.  So I'm not sure that the wrinkled, sticky appearance you describe means anything at all, but it certainly isn't connected with these other things.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Hi,I'm a 15 year old male,who has had unprotected sex last year.I have just notice these little bumps ( like Pimples) on my penis head and rim. I research i found out they might be "pearly penile papules". I'm not sure but they look a lot like them. They don't hurt itch or nothing,there just there. I have no discharge or any other symptoms. I'm just nervous because "pearly penile papules are on the rim not the head.

Please Help
i cannot take off skin my head of penis is inside may be it attach.when i try to pulled out i can't .i don't know when this start is this any symptoms of siease
I have developed a rash like appearance on the foreskin of my penis at the base.  It is white in appearance and looks like white non raised relatively smooth pimples.  I have a dermatitis like skin disorder on my back (however I have never had this checked and am not sure what it is) and I have a history of acne as a child.  I also have one or two small pimple like spots on the shaft of my penis.  They are not red but look like very small white heads where you could potentially squeeze them and they would go away.  Do you have any idea what this might be?  Does acne appear on genitalia?  Or is it possible to have the same condition that is on my back?  I doubt that this is a sexually transmitted disease, however do you think that it could be? Thank you.
A related discussion, while spots on penis skin was started.
A related discussion, Raised White Spots on Pennis Head was started.