skin rash due to excessive drinking?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

skin rash due to excessive drinking?

hello! my dad has this really bad red, itchy, bumpy rash all over his shoulders, back, chest, neck, and he says its on his groin and inner thighs as well. He said the Doctors dont know anything about it and cant diagnose it, but i know my dad fails to mention that he drinks an 18 pack of beer a night to his doctor.  i did some research and i found that it could be some sort of liver problem and that is what causes the excess something or another to leave his body through his skin, except he said the doc's say his liver is "in great shape" I guess my question is, Could there really be a relation to the two? Does anyone have any kind of experience w/ this sort of situation? thank you! i would love to know!