skin rash in vaginal area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

skin rash in vaginal area

Type your medical question here
i moved to florida 5 months ago and a red line formed like a half circle starting at the clitorus , onto where my pubic hair is. it would go away and come back. I tied several things to get rid of it and nothing seemed to work, until about 2 weeks ago i used this cream called hydrocreamplus and it got rid of it. then 2 days ago by accident i scratched a little skin tag in that area and the line formed very light pink and then a rash formed and the rash has not gone away. I have never had this before. Can you tell me what might have caused this and what do i do

youtube downloader

youtube downloader
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello hope you are doing well.
A rash in the genital area could be caused by irritation of the skin from any source. An allergic reaction seen in contact dermatitis could also give rise to a red rash. Yeast infection may cause a rash in the moist skin folds of the vaginal area. In yeast infections there will be cheesy white discharge seen. Fungal infections can also cause rashes and itching. These are only a few possibilities. A clinical examination by a doctor will help in determining the cause. Treatment will be specific for the cause.
Best luck and take care!
It can be dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic), heat rash or excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis.

You may try calamine lotion. You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid deodorant / cosmetics. You can also use a barrier cream with zinc oxide paste or petroleum jelly applied directly to wet skin after bathing.

If the symptoms persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.