skin ripped

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

skin ripped

I was materbating and i heard thug/rip sound, when i looked down i was bleeding, i pulled my forskin back over my head, i think the skin right below the head has torn but im afriad to look at it. will this cause serious injuries, and has others have this problem? what can i do to treat it.

This discussion is related to Skin torn from penis not healing well.
From the symptoms it looks like trauma to the penis. Wash the area with fresh water, apply cold compresses and some topical antiseptics. Consult a doctor immediately and get prescribed topical and oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory pain killers. If the penis is bent while erection, please get examined for a fracture penis.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I ripped my skin on the underside of my penis earlier this year.

I tried waiting and not having sex for months while putting on conventional lotion but that didn't work.

What did work was diaper rash cream that I applied every night for a month.  I used Desitin but I'm sure any diaper rash cream would work.  I essentially picked the product with the highest zinc oxide content, which I believe is the active ingredient.  Desitin had a zinc oxide content of 37%.

I didn't have sex or masturbate for a month and allowed the skin to completely heal.  During the process, the skin scabbed and peel but I continued to apply the cream till the skin color was the same as the rest.

I hope this works for you.

I will post this answer to similar questions because of its success and I noticed a lot of people are searching for a solution.
Hi;  (SOLUTION)

I first had this when i was around 13- 14 (now 32) while masturbating. The skin down below the penis head got ripped. At the time; the body was strongly healing itself so in years, everything got ok. Experienced the the same after years later on, searched the web whether there were any solutions in years but saw that a lot of people have this so just wanted to share how i deal with it. First of all: This will not exactly heal if you do not take care of it... I did the same things most people did... didnt have sex for months used creams etc... Then I went to a urolog doc. He advised a medical cream called Dermovate (GSK), used it twice a day ( in the morning and before bed) for a week... The skin got healed but i had to try havin sex. BUT rule number 1: The female has to wet before physically having your penis in. So the foreplay must be done.... Dry vajina will immediately torn the skin again. For the first couple of tries, try to be gentle. It worked for me.. since 2 months, i have no problem.
Peace