skin tag on penis?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

skin tag on penis?

So I have had this skin tag looking thing on my penis and it's been there for a good while and it scares me because I was looking some information on it and it could either A. Be harmless or b. Be hpv I've been checked for std's before and the doc says it was a skin tag but isn't there a way to check if it could be worse? I'm probably just a worry wart ha thanks for helping!
Yes, there is a test using acetic acid, which would turn condylomata white, but not a skin tag.  
How is it done?
Diagnosis of genital warts is usually clinical, made by visual inspection. Genital warts can be confirmed by biopsy but Sometimes we can use an enhancing technique called acetowhitening. This technique involves the application of 5% acetic acid solution to the area of suspicion for about 5-10 minutes. Infected areas will turn white.
Other than that, there is currently no FDA-approved test to detect HPV in men. Genital warts can be diagnosed through visual examination of the penis and surrounding areas.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you so much I totally will let you know!