skin tag perineum...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

skin tag perineum...

I just noticed, about a month ago, that I have a little skin tag down on my perineum.  Well, I hope it's just a skin tag.  It came out of nowhere.  It's little, long and is the same color as the surrounding skin.  It doesn't hurt.  My boyfriend and I have very frequent intercourse, including anal sex.  Do you think it's caused by all the friction?  I'm worried!

A skin tag is a common, acquired benign skin growth that looks like a small piece of hanging skin and can occur anywhere on skin.Mostly skin tags are thought to be caused due to friction but they can occur due to hormone changes,obesity and as such also.

I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and get it removed.They are harmless but can be  cosmetically disfiguring.You can go in for any of the options like Cauterization, Cryosurgery (freezing),Ligation: cutting off blood supply and Excision.

Hope it helps .Take care and pls do keep us posted in case you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

This could be an anal skin tag secondary to anal fissures, hemorrhoids, warts due to human papillloma virus, moles, or in rare cases due to rectal cancer.

'An anal fissure is an unnatural crack or tear in the anus skin. As a fissure, these tiny tears may show as bright red rectal bleeding and cause severe periodic pain after defecation.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_fissure

and

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/anal-fissure/DS00762

'Symptoms of external hemorrhoids may include painful swelling or a hard lump around the anus that results when a blood clot forms. This condition is known as a thrombosed external hemorrhoid.

In addition, excessive straining, rubbing, or cleaning around the anus may cause irritation with bleeding and/or itching, which may produce a vicious cycle of symptoms. Draining mucus may also cause itching.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemorrhoid

It would be best to consult a surgeon for your symptoms to find out the cause of your complaints.

Till then you could try eating a high-fiber diet, using stool softener, taking pain killer and having a sitz bath for your symptoms. Apply calamine lotion at the site, keep the area clean and well moisturized, wear lose, comfortable clothes and maintain good personal hygiene.

Let us know if you need any other information. Post us about how you are doing.

Regards.
i have small hanging fleshy bumps between the area of my butt hole and virgin. some times it hurt during sex. i really want to get rid of it.. if feel really uncomfortable with these small bumps there. off all places to have bumps