skin welps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

skin welps

Ive had a rash around my ankles now for 3 years of so that I think origanly started from poisen ivy or something like that and it tends to only be in the summer months that I have it. The doctor gave me some some cream ,fluocinonide. for it that makes it better but never goes compleatly away. Now Ive devoped for the last wek small welps all over my body that come to a head with clear fluid that of cource itch like crazy like my ankles. I think its the same thing. Any sugestion as to what it is. im am going to see a doc. Just thought I'd get another opion.

Ankle rash could be caused due to various reasons including - dermatitis, dry skin, eczema, heat rash or sweat dermatitis, uncomfortable footwear, etc.

It is important to wear lose comfortable footwear and maintain good personal hygiene. Use a powder to avoid sweat collection and apply calamine lotion at the sites of the lesion.

You could take oral antihistamine or antiallergic medications for the itching. Apply calamine lotion at the sites.

You would probably need antibacterial and antifungal local application medications and a course of antibiotics if the lesion does not resolve.

Consult your doctor for a clinical examination. Do get your blood sugar checked too.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.
I am having an issue with welps that come up every so often on my face, arms stomach and back.  I went to the doctor and he said it was nerves could this be it just started happening about three years ago and they go away about 5 minutes after they appear and they are like a small burning and itchy feeling.  Please help!  what do you think it could be or should I se a dermotologist.