skin
Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about a condition that is affecting my hands. About two weeks ago, I noticed there was some skin peeling off on my left hand near my thumb. Me thinking it was simply something like a friction burn simply shrugged it off.

Two weeks in, the peeling has spread to both hands (my left is by far the worst, fingers and the palm are completely covered). Its weird because the actual peelings aren't painful or itching, it almost like if PVA glue were stuck to the skin and has to be peeled off, only its real skin. Some look like small blisters but contain no puss or liquid whatsoever. It generally looks worse after a shower (where the skin gets wrinkled) and is becoming quite a bother.

I've been usuing Hemp and Aloe Vera for the past 4 days and it hasn't really done much long term improvement. I'm actually thinking about seeing my doctor, but since the actual condition isn't painful and simply doesn't look too pleasent, I'm wondering if anyone has a diagnosis and any decent treatments.

Thanks in advance

It can be due to contact dermatitis, allergies or pompholyx. Apply some calamine lotion on the affected area and keep the area well moisturized. Use only thin applications of moisturizer ointments as excessive amounts of ointment may restrict breathing of the skin and aggravate the condition.

Topical steroids can be applied but they are available under prescription. Moreover to prevent infection, topical antibiotics may be needed. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.