skin
I noticed a bump on my boyfriends penis the other day near the bottom of the shaft and it sort of looks like a skin tag but the skin is actually very dry just on that bump an no where else.  I have looke a pictures of herpes and genital warts and skin tags and blocked hair follicles and none of these seemed to be it.  The dried skin tag is not really a bump because you can actually move it a little on the top because it is so raise but he says it hurts a little and I was just wondered if anyone knew what it was or if he should just see what happens or go to the doctor.

Usually small outgrowths of skin on the body are due to  warts. Another possibility in this area would be skin tags.

Warts are highly contagious and are considered the most serious types of warts. A small cut or abrasion on the skin is sufficient for invasion and infection by a human papilloma virus and other types of viruses, these come into the top layer of the skin, and cause the formation of a wart on the surface of the skin.

If you have any doubts regarding the diagnosis, he should contact your health care provider for diagnostics and possible treatment.

Genital warts often occur in clusters and can be very tiny or can spread into large masses in the genital or penis area. In women they occur on the outside and inside of the vagina, on the cervix or around the anus.

The viral particles are able to penetrate the skin and mucosal surfaces through microscopic abrasions in the genital area, which occur during sexual activity.
HPV virus can last from 3 months to 2 years without a symptom. Having sex with a partner whose HPV infection is latent and demonstrates no outward symptoms(asymptomatic shedding) still leaves one vulnerable to becoming infected.

Genital warts (condylomata) can be confused with Molluscum contagiosum (MC), which is also transmitted sexually.

It is best to get it examined and reach an accurate diagnosis so that the appropriate treatment can be initiated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genital_warts

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how he is doing.

Regards