small, red, itchy blister looking bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

small, red, itchy blister looking bumps

I am 34, with very fair skin. I statred noticing about 2 weeks ago on my stomach, these small, red bumps that itched like crazy. then they started spreading all over my body. They are on my legs, back, arms, stomach, chest. some are in clusters ond some are by their selfs. They itch realy bad and I have tried taking otc things and i have tried otc creams. Nothing seems to be working. But the strange thing is, my husband and son (who sleeps with us) also have the same thing, unlike our daughter who has nothing on her. What could this be? please help
Going by your symptoms, the possibility of scabies is high. It is an infestation of the skin with the Sarcoptes scabiei mite and is highly contagious. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

Diagnosis can be confirmed only after clinical examination. I feel that a dermatologist would be the best person to evaluate that.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.