small black bumps on labia

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

small black bumps on labia

I hope that I am posting in under the correct category.  I am a 27 year old female. I am 6 weeks post pardum with my 4th child.  I have been married for 10 years and with the same man for the past 11.  About 4 years ago after the birth of my 2nd child I noticed a small hard lump on the inside of my labia.  It was dark in color and raised above the skin.  I figured it had something to do with delivery.  Some time during my last pregnancy I my husband noticed a bunch of dark colored spots on both sides of my labia I have counted 14 on one side and 9 on the other.  Since then I have noticed that many of them are raised and hard.  These range in size from a pin point to the size of an eraser.  The larger ones are the ones that are raised and hard.  I do not have any itching or discharge.  I only get yeast infections if I take antibiotics.  Luckily.
  I actually have my 6 week check in a few days.  But the size change and hardness is worrisome.  Thanks for any feed back.

One strong possibility is of genital warts. Warts are tumours or growths of the skin caused by infection with Human Papillomavirus (HPV).They are contagious when in contact with the skin of an infected person. It is also possible to get warts from using towels or other objects used by an infected person.

Exactly what it is can be confirmed only after examination and biopsy.I would suggest an immediate evaluation from a gynecologist/dermatologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

I went for my 6 week check today and had the doc take a look at my mysterious bumps.  She said they were a form of vericos veins that have surfaced.  Chances are they wont ever go away and they may get bigger.  She said it is common for women who have had children.  Mine were rather large children so that explains a lot.  Hopefully this will help someone down the road in my same position.  I couldn't find much online about it and was pretty worried.  Thanks for taking time to answer my post.