Dermatology Expert Forum
small blisters around nose
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

small blisters around nose

In my 7th month of pregnancy I developed small painful blisters underneath my nostril on one side of my nose.  They are full of a clear watery substance.  They start out underneath the skin which is very painful when touched.  They erupt and seem kinda like a small boil.  I started applying Halog cream to these to dry them up.  (This was prescribed to my daughter for poison ivy)
This seem to dry them up and make them go away but if I miss one day of applying the Halog they reappear.  Every once in a while I get one on the other side of my nose.  This has been continuing for about 6 months now.  Any ideas?
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Lisa,

Hard to tell, but these sound more loike acne pimples than anything else.  If you repeatedly put a strong cortisone like Halog on the face, you can actually induce a pimply outbreak.  Try avoiding the Halog and applying a topical antibiotic (OTC ones include benzoyl peroxide or sulfacetamide).  The condition may flare a bit for a week or two, as your body cries, "Give me Halog!"  Don't listen: persebers and don't pick or squeeze.  Use makeup if you want.

If this fails, check out your friendly neighborhood dermatologist.

Best.

Dr. R
-8 Comments
Blank
DEAR LISA ,
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WHICH STARTED AFTER I GAVE BIRTH TO MY SON. HAVE YOU FOUND ANYTHING THAT HAS  WORKED FOR YOU?
            ***@****

Blank
A related discussion, Blisters around the nose was started.
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker